DropIt

If you are currently developing portable freeware or planning to do so, use this forum to discuss technical implementation, seek out like-minded developers for partnership, or solicit interested users for beta testing.
tproli

Re: DropIt

#376 Post by tproli »

I see. Thanks for the quick fix.

guinness

#377 Post by guinness »

No problem. Sent update to Lupo73.

If you have Vista and above :mrgreen:

tproli

#378 Post by tproli »

One more thing: with the new "Open with" option "Transfer mode" might be obsolete. How about something like "Processing mode"?

Lupo73

#379 Post by Lupo73 »

tproli wrote:One more thing: with the new "Open with" option "Transfer mode" might be obsolete. How about something like "Processing mode"?
Good idea..I'm changing it :wink:

Lupo73

#380 Post by Lupo73 »

Sorry :P ..language changes updated:

Code: Select all

ADDED:
MANAGE_ACTION=Action
MANAGE_DESTINATION_PROGRAM_SELECT=Select a destination program:
MANAGE_DESTINATION_PROGRAM=Destination Program
MANAGE_EDIT_MSGBOX_10=Executable
OPEN_WITH=Open With
OPTIONS_TAB_3=Various
POSITIONPROCESS_LOG_7=Opened With

MODIFIED:
MANAGE_EDIT_MSGBOX_0=Destination Error
MANAGE_EDIT_MSGBOX_1=You must specify a valid destination.
MANAGE_EDIT_MSGBOX_8=Action
MANAGE_EDIT_TIP_2=As destination are supported both absolute and relative paths.
MOREMATCHES_LABEL_0=Loaded item:
OPTIONS_CHECKBOX_11=Show Sorting Progress Bar during process

REMOVED:
MANAGE_TRANSFER_MODE=Transfer Mode
thanks!
Last edited by Lupo73 on Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

tproli

#381 Post by tproli »

Here's the updated Hungarian lng file:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17407690/DropIt ... _v1.6a.lng

thanks

joby_toss

#382 Post by joby_toss »

guinness

#383 Post by guinness »

No problem jt! :D

Lupo73

#384 Post by Lupo73 »

Really don't worry.. instead, someone have seen grannGeek? :P ..because I need her help to update the Help file..

grannyGeek

#385 Post by grannyGeek »

Lupo, you have mail. :)

Just want to add a quick post here, that I am NOT seeing context menu profile icons in Win7 (tested with 14-Feb build) or Vista (tested with 13-Feb build). The context menu looks the same as v1.5. I even changed my DPI settings back to "normal" (oh, my poor antique eyes!), but no joy.

Is *anybody* else missing the context menu icons in Vista or Win7 ?

guinness

#386 Post by guinness »

Weird?! I am not getting this problem. Have you tried with a new installation of DropIt? I checked my code and can see no reason why this would be the case?! Are you using the Images you created?

grannyGeek

#387 Post by grannyGeek »

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

You're a hero!
both downloads were the 13-Feb build, I cleared cookies and now I have the newer one.

Is my face red!

guinness

#388 Post by guinness »

You're Welcome (don't know what I did?) What do you think of Icons in the Context Menu? I am in the process of creating the Function for Encrypting the Profile Folder.

grannyGeek

#389 Post by grannyGeek »

Well, I'm quite fond of them, I think I made the feature request.
:D
To me, graphics makes interfaces more efficient -- it's always easier to stab a block of color than to stop and read labels!

Does having an encrypted folder mean we'll need password access to edit our INI files?
:)

guinness

#390 Post by guinness »

How I am going to implement (depends on Lupo73's overall decision though) is the Profile Encryption is disabled by default, only when it is enabled by the user will it be available/used. To manually edit the INI files (not recommended!) the program would have to be started for the profiles to be decrypted and then closed to be encrypted. The password will not be available to the user(s).

Again, like everything its a feature request, so it might not be everybody's cup of tea, this is sometimes a problem. Its hard to please everyone as some will see this as useless and others won't, at least it can be disabled though :)
To me, graphics makes interfaces more efficient
Maybe efficient for the overall use of the Application, but like anything new, it takes up more lines of code and GDI does require Memory to be used (though it's not a lot.)

For those that don't code and want 0MB of Memory use, it's quite impossible, especially when Graphics/Images are required to be used within the Application. Therefore by emptying the WorkingSet (which we do now) this reduces the memory to about 700KB, which on a system that has 4GB (4194304KB) is just a drop in the ocean, the same can be said for the FileSize!
Also don't forget this is AutoIt and when you consider the applications that are available that use AutoIt as the programming language, I think DropIt is on par with those programs that use C/C++. I have done my fair share of searching and with the AutoIt programs I have found many rarely add PNG Support, as this is not part of the "Standard Functions" within AutoIt. This requires some additional GDI++ knowledge :)