KompoZer - easy web page editor (WYSIWYG)

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
AlephX

#1 Post by AlephX »

[Moderator note: this is the primary KompoZer program thread. View database entry]

----

even if I can´t verify the actual portability, there is an "unofficial patch" for the HTML WYSIWYG Editor NVU 1.0

You can read more at
http://kompozer.net/

Actually at SourceForge http://sourceforge.net/projects/kompozer they write:
KompoZer is a wysiwyg HTML editor (Nvu/Composer fork) aimed towards advanced users. I consider it as an unofficial bug-fix release for Nvu
I think that can be useful for the ones who deal with NVU a lot.

I ignore why they call it an "unofficial bug-fix release" for an Open Source product...

License: MPL 1.1 / GPL 2.0 / LGPL 2.1

Simon.T

#2 Post by Simon.T »

http://portableapps.com/news/2007-03-04 ... table_0.77
Submitted by John T. Haller on March 4, 2007 - 5:13pm

KompoZer Portable version 0.77 has been released. KompoZer is the unofficial bugfix release of the easy-to-use Nvu web editor that fixes many of the bugs in the 1.0 release. KompoZer Portable is simply Nvu Portable but with the KompoZer bugfix release instead of the Nvu 1.0 release. As with Nvu, it's packaged as a portable app, so you can edit web pages on the go. And, it's packaged in PortableApps Format so it can easily integrate with the PortableApps Suite. It is available for immediate download from the Nvu Portable & KompoZer Portable homepage.
SourceForge.net: KompoZer: http://sourceforge.net/projects/kompozer

KompoZer - Nvu's unofficial bug-fix release: http://kompozer.net/

man, it seems like their going crazy there

sleeping for a few weeks... and attack :shock:

Mar 04 KompoZer Portable 0.77
Mar 02 PuTTY Portable 0.5.9 Rv 2
Mar 01 PuTTY Portable 0.5.9
Feb 28 Audacity Portable 1.2.6 Rv 2
Feb 28 Mozilla Sunbird, P.E. 0.3.1
Feb 28 FileZilla Portable 2.2.31
Feb 27 ClamWin Portable 0.90
Feb 27 Mozilla Firefox, PE 2.0.0.2
Feb 26 Vista Compatible
Feb 26 GIMP Portable 2.2.13
Feb 15 Mozilla Firefox, PE 2.0.0.1
Feb 13 Mozilla Thunderbird, PE 2 B2

AlephX

#3 Post by AlephX »

Good catch Simon!

I waited for the portable version since few months :D
http://www.portablefreeware.com/forums/ ... .php?t=901

Simon.T

#4 Post by Simon.T »

i see :D

btw... if ya want you can take the KampoZer Portable "Suggested By field" if you like 8)

dbirdil

KompoZer 0.7.10

#5 Post by dbirdil »

I noticed the current release of KompoZer is at 07.10 but the portable version is at 0.7.7

The 7.10 version is distributed as Zip file so no installation is required. What else is needed to make it portable?

Andrew Lee

#6 Post by Andrew Lee »

The standard version writes settings to the user profile folder.

I am still waiting for the portable version to be officially updated...

M@tty

Kompozer Portable

#7 Post by M@tty »

webfork

Re: Kompozer Portable

#8 Post by webfork »

Great addition to KompoZer 0.8b3 I hope to see more of: a split-screen view of code and HTML. Its a terrific way to see what's going on behind the scenes of the code that you're working on, why individual code bits are acting up, as well as learning more HTML functions by letting KompoZer show you how its done. Another program on the site Web Design Toy does this as well, although to a much lesser extent and really in one direction: code -> preview.

This is not yet available in KompoZer Portable (v. 0.7.10) because I think its alpha/beta stage, but I hope it will be a feature in all WYSIWYG editors. Anyway, very happy to see some activity on the KompoZer project.

More on this feature and some other recent changes.

JohnTHaller

#9 Post by JohnTHaller »

KompoZer is another long-dead app. It died in March of 2010 and there's no indication that anyone will pick it up or fork it at the moment.
PortableApps.com - The open standard for portable software | Support Net Neutrality

carbonize

#10 Post by carbonize »

Yup all the files in the zip are from 2009. BlueGriffon seems to be the only free wysiwyg editor out there at present but then I don't use them so couldn't say for sure.

webfork

#11 Post by webfork »

JohnTHaller wrote:KompoZer is another long-dead app. It died in March of 2010 and there's no indication that anyone will pick it up or fork it at the moment.
Yes use of the term "recent changes" and "some activity" was inaccurate. Evidently much of my post was wishful thinking. Even dead, I still use KompoZer frequently and BlueGriffon, while cool in many areas, is not yet a replacement.

webfork

#12 Post by webfork »

Topic update:
webfork wrote:Great addition to KompoZer 0.8b3 I hope to see more of: a split-screen view of code and HTML.
Surprising to no one, Dreamweaver CS5 has this feature. It may have been present for a long time but I don't remember seeing it back when it was Macromedia.

carbonize

#13 Post by carbonize »

Alleycode had this feature many many years ago but is not wysiwyg but is now dead. TopStyle has always had it as far as I am aware but is not free.