This & that

Discuss anything related to portable commercial apps here.
Zeno Systems

This & that

#1 Post by Zeno Systems »

Howdy folks, earnestly hope this is not a breech of etiquette, see nothing in the forum FAQ noting otherwise, if it is somehow, I'll remove my post pronto.

I've launched a new site (still rather spartan but we're getting there) with utilities primarily devoted to a small/portable/minimalist mind set, and I'd like to offer the first three individuals whom PM me a free copy (sorry we cant give everyone a freebie - youngsters to feed!) of any piece of software at the site in return for your input.

Here's the url: www.zenosys.com

Thanks for having a look, appreciate it.

appsuser

#2 Post by appsuser »

After looking at your site's apps, I was very interested in the information management aspect. As a user, I'd like to see an application that handles tables of information well, giving you the ability to embed objects like pictures and links, while still giving you easy editing capabilities and ability to copy and paste info into other apps similar to spreadsheet software. Seems like no portable apps I've tried so far does everything well.

Zeno Systems

#3 Post by Zeno Systems »

Thanks for your thoughts & prospective appsuser, Table Tool was built with textural content in mind, in fact, to track users of my software. While not quite what you're seeking, the app can however 'link a cell' to any type of external content (graphics, docs, exe, urls, etc) via the right-click Execute menu item. But I can certainly understand wanting to embed it all... Best wishes on your search.

M@tty

#4 Post by M@tty »

Your website and applications are very cleanly and professionally designed, always a bonus for usability. Keep up the good work.

Zeno Systems

#5 Post by Zeno Systems »

Thank you kindly M@tty. Its a simple, clean layout.

Zeno Systems

#6 Post by Zeno Systems »

Just wanted to say thanks to those whom responded. I've given out all three free licensees now & hope you all enjoy. Something really great about small, focused software I'm sure we'd all agree. (Or at least to those of us who favor this type of thinking).

In his travelogue Wind Sand and Stars, Antoine de Saint-Exupery employed as an aviator at the beggining of the 20th century, and serving as a mail courier whose charge involved piloting his plane through such harsh topologies as the Sahara and Andes, went on to write about aerodynamics:

'Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.'

Ahh! A quintessential truth there... fewer moving parts are a decidedly good thing.

android111

Re: This & that

#7 Post by android111 »

I can't access your pages, can you tell me the reason?

-.-

#8 Post by -.- »

i cant access site either, gives dns error or something like it

SYSTEM

#9 Post by SYSTEM »

"DNS error" means that there is no longer a website called zenosys.com. That's why it can't be accessed.
My YouTube channel | Release date of my 13th playlist: August 24, 2020

donald

#10 Post by donald »

If you are still interested, you could try InternetWayBackMachine it is sometimes possible to download from there.

After looking over the old site you could try contacting the author.
----------------------------------------------
update
----------------------------------------
I have found mention of the website and the applications at Brothersoft.com and CNET.com at least one download works at CNET (all I tried) but Brothersoft links to zenosys.com a definite fail.