TimeComX - system scheduler

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
wolssiloa

TimeComX - system scheduler

#1 Post by wolssiloa »

Synopsis: TimeComX v1.1.5 is a resource-friendly tool that can put your computer into different states after specified time.
>Following options are availabe:

* Restart
* Shutdown
* Hibernation
* Suspend
* Alarm-clock
* Mp3-Support

Features:
The program is equipped with a transparency mode and can be optionally kept in the background by a Tray Icon.
TimeComX has one default alarm sound which can be replaced by any sound you like.

Within a fixed period of time before the countdown has run out, you will be optically advised of it and a bit later acoustically as well.

Category: Productivity - Scheduling Tools

Writes settings to: Application folder (config.ini only)

How to extract: Download the ZIP package and extract to a folder of your choice. Launch TimeComX.exe.

Stealth [?]: Yes

Unicode support: Yes

License: Freeware

System Requirements: Win2K / WinXP

Official Website: http://en.bitdreamers.com/products/

Verified portability with Total Uninstall 5

joby_toss

Re: TimeComX v1.1.5

#2 Post by joby_toss »

I have added this one here:
http://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=1720

I've added the beta 1.2.0.9 version as it is portable, stable, has more options, and the stable 1.2 version has a nasty habit of opening the browser after closing the app to make you donate.

Very nice app, that also includes an WakeUp option!

I am Baas

#3 Post by I am Baas »

Correct address is http://bitdreamers.com/products/timecomx

@joby_toss

How is this one compared to Marxio Timer?

BTW, Marxio Timer is no longer available for download:
Hi user,

I've lost access to my programming software so I'm unable to continue this donationware project. Commercial tools cost too much and donations rate was zero.
There are hundreds of other excellent tools of similar type, some free, some paid. Try them out. Good luck !

questions@marxio-tools.net
Can someone upload the latest version 1.12.3?
Last edited by I am Baas on Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

joby_toss

#4 Post by joby_toss »

I am Baas wrote:Correct address is http://bitdreamers.com/products/timecomx
This was the one I've added in the website field, forgot to mention it.
Thanks!

joby_toss

#5 Post by joby_toss »

I am Baas wrote: @joby_toss
How is this one compared to Marxio Timer?
I am not using MarxioTimer anymore and I'll never use it again! I will not test it, compare it, It does not exist for me anymore!
This is just my personal feeling, I won't get into details!

Right now, TimeComX is doing its job very well for me.

webfork

#6 Post by webfork »

I tried extracting the CNET version and its just giving the error message: "Encode date error"

I'm just going to put up a "download offline" message. I contacted the author.
I am not using MarxioTimer anymore and I'll never use it again! I will not test it, compare it, It does not exist for me anymore! This is just my personal feeling, I won't get into details!
Okay ... should we just destroy the entry? You're not an idiot so when you say stuff like that it makes me want to do similarly.

webfork

#7 Post by webfork »

I updated TimeComX but for whatever reason it didn't show up in the "latest" list. Just a heads up for people who use this program frequently.

I am Baas

#8 Post by I am Baas »

webfork wrote:I tried extracting the CNET version and its just giving the error message: "Encode date error"

I'm just going to put up a "download offline" message. I contacted the author.
I am not using MarxioTimer anymore and I'll never use it again! I will not test it, compare it, It does not exist for me anymore! This is just my personal feeling, I won't get into details!
Okay ... should we just destroy the entry? You're not an idiot so when you say stuff like that it makes me want to do similarly.
Just wait a couple of days, give him / her a chance to respond first.

webfork

#9 Post by webfork »

> Just wait a couple of days, give him / her a chance to respond first.

Understood.

webfork

#10 Post by webfork »

I got a response:
Heh, that's great you are willing to donate my project but as my needs are not small - new developer software costs over $1000 (incl tax) and my salary doesn't allow me to save even few bucks, do you think that your "small donation" would help me continue this project...?

You're just a fourth person which (or who?) is willing to donate my project, so looking at the total amount of downloads of all my apps within more than one year, such sum - even if it was $10, then it would be....how to say that...nothing in a sea of needs. What about the rest of that sum ? I couldn't even collect it within yen years ! :)
I wrote back:
Cool -- I'll post your response so you don't get any more insulting donation offers.
I recommend we delete the Marxio entry (I don't have the ability to do this) or test the extracted exe version on CNET for portability. I posted a note about the entry status.

joby_toss

#11 Post by joby_toss »

or

Note: I posted this for someone who asked how the audio file/alarm could be changed; it appears that he deleted his post.

webfork

#12 Post by webfork »

I've been using TimeComX's easy "when the processor usage gets below X level" slidebar quite often, usually when I want the computer to go to sleep after defragmenting.

Because of this, its become my favorite of the system scheduling tools, even though it has fewer features. Good stuff.

joby_toss

#13 Post by joby_toss »

Version 1.3.1.0 is available.
Now there is a Basic, free version and a Pro, paid version.

For v1.3 portability, one needs to create a file named "portable.txt" in the same folder as the executable.
Settings are saved in "config" subfolder, as .xml files.

I tested the 64bit version and it created the Trolltech registry junk and a "HKCU\software\kde.org\libphonon" registry key.

I think the new free 1.3 version lacks some options from version 1.2, but I'm not sure (can't find the "Processes" mode for example).
TimeComX Pro

We have developed a professional version of TimeComX for users, who wish to have extended possibilities of control. TimeComX Pro offers many other options beside the familiar functions and easy operation of the Basic version.

• Fast and efficient planning of several parallel running events
• Operation of one or several computers via network or internet
• Minimize and record/display electricity costs by specific shut down of the computer
• Examine development snapshots before the actual release
• Purchasing a Pro license will bring you an improved support

In the future we will add further useful functions to TimeComX Pro and make them available to you. Some of the planned features: touch screen support, windows services integration (run TimeComX while logged out), 64Bit/Linux/Android port

You have the possibility to try out TimeComX Pro unrestricted and without any obligation for a period of 14 days.

TimeComX Pro is available in a few days for an introductory price of 7$/5€ instead of 10$/7€ for a period of two weeks. Thus you have the possibility to save 30% off and to support us actively in providing fast, effective software development on a long-term basis.
System Requirements:

Windows® - 2000,XP,Vista,7
300MHz or higher processor
128 MB of RAM
8 MB of hard disk space
http://www.bitdreamers.com/products/timecomx

Emka

#15 Post by Emka »

v1.3.2.4 is out, should we update the entry despite/because of the basic/pro thing?