MyPhoneExplorer

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
perwhis

MyPhoneExplorer now portable

#1 Post by perwhis »

MyPhoneExplorer is a program to manage SonyEricsson phones. Version 1.7.5 has now an option to install it as a portable application. The portable version has somewhat limited features, e.g. there is no synchronisation with Outlook, but still synchronisation with Gmail works.

As far as I can see nothing is written to the registry, and it saves your data in the application folder.

The software can be found at http://www.fjsoft.at/en/

joby_toss

Re: MyPhoneExplorer now portable

#2 Post by joby_toss »

I always was under the impression that it requires .Net. Now, I can't find any references about that...maybe it's all in my head. :roll:
I like it, use it and it is portable for me, but I'm using windows7...

Kermode

Re: MyPhoneExplorer now portable

#3 Post by Kermode »

Heh, funny I just came across this program now, and then came here to write about it and what do you know - someone else has :)

This is an excellent little program (and no it mostly certainly does not require .Net) - when you install it, it asks if you want a portable install.

It works with a huuuuuge number of Sony Ericsson phones (all of them??) and offers a lot more features that SE's own programs.

Its a quick way to syncronize all manner of stuff (between phones or even google calendar) and its easy to backup items from your phone.

Clearly belongs in the data base.

joby_toss

MyPhoneExplorer

#4 Post by joby_toss »

MyPhoneExplorer is a program that allows you to administer Sony-Ericsson mobile phones. You may connect your phone via cable, bluetooth or infrared port. It can handle the adressbook, organizer, SMSs, files, and even calls.

Vote:
http://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=1776

Note: Windows XP must have at least SP2 installed.

Note2: uncheck the toolbar option offered during the installation process.

MiDoJo

Re: MyPhoneExplorer

#5 Post by MiDoJo »

Does this do a better job than BitPim (I've never tried either on a Sony/Ericson but other's might want to know a head-to-head)

joby_toss

#6 Post by joby_toss »

I have been using MyPhoneExplorer for a long time. Never had a reason to search for something else. Never had a phone other than SonyEricsson either. Don't know what BitPim is capable of.

guinness

#7 Post by guinness »

What about including more Portable programs for phones e.g. Blackberry/Nokia/Motorola I know a few programs, should I add them?

joby_toss

#8 Post by joby_toss »

@moderator: please merge with the official forum topic: http://www.portablefreeware.com/forums/ ... f=4&t=6016