Share Folder between IP Dynamic Computers Behind A Router

Ask other users about problems encountered with portable apps or help by posting solutions to existing problems.
castman

#1 Post by castman »

How do I do this to my D-Link Wireless Router? Please, help! :mrgreen:

chadross

Re: Share Folder between IP Dynamic Computers Behind A Router

#2 Post by chadross »

Are you trying to share a folder between two computers behind the same router or over the internet between two routers?

castman

#3 Post by castman »

Behind The Same Router, I believe, they are inside the same apartment. One uses LAN network card connection and the other Wireless network card connection.

I don't know if I was really clear by now. :P

chadross

#4 Post by chadross »

What Operating system is running on each machine? XP, Vista, Win7? If you're running windows the easiest way to share a folder is to set up a workgroup between the computers and then enable sharing on the folder. Once that is done you can browse to the compute with the share and access it.

If you do a search on google for "windows xp setup workgroup folder share" you should get some helpful instructions. Substitute XP for your version of windows as they will differ slightly.

castman

And How To Share a Desktop ?

#5 Post by castman »

I did it successfully. My only difficult was to give a password to allow accessing the LAN and Wireless shared folders computers properly.

Now I need to share a Desktop to use a dvd burner that is in the other desktop. How can I do this? Do I need to assign passwords to the accounts?

freakazoid

#6 Post by freakazoid »

I'd definitely recommend copying over the file from that desktop to yours before burning.

Especially if you're on a wireless LAN.
is it stealth? ;)

castman

#7 Post by castman »

OK, Thanks! Thanks to anyone in this topic in advance or late.

I will explain the situation. My building wants to deploy a network environment where they can access printer, files, dvd-ram burner and maybe more from a computer without monitor.

To avoid buying a new or using a old one, the best way as there is no internet connection, is to share this information through xp file sharing and remote desktop connection.

The title is my apartment network simulation, and the building front social door is the real environment that uses no routers and is only wired.

Do I have to set passwords, change login form, install IIS in the remote desktop, or there is a better way (Portable and Secure maybe :P )?

Edit1: I did it almost successfully. The only problem was that when you login as any user in the shared desktop, you disconnect the current local user from the system and it don't reverse automatically.

To do it, I just had to permit in firewall, forward the 3389 port and give the IP of the machine (not the router).

Edit2: I did it successfully by assigning to the shared desktop to the string values DefaultPassword the password and AutoAdminLogon the value 1, typing CTRL-ALT-END and choosing Restart. :mrgreen:

Edit3: To be even better, how can I share the desktop without disconnecting the local current shared desktop user?
Last edited by castman on Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

castman

Sharing Without Disconnectin Local User ?

#8 Post by castman »

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/06/1 ... indows-xp/

I followed this tutorial and everything worked fine after blocking the processes from loading to the remote desktop account. I also didn't had any political problems.