LinkCollector Portable Edition

Discuss anything related to portable commercial apps here.
AnalogXP

Re: LinkCollector Portable Edition

#16 Post by AnalogXP »

Hi!

Please test a new version (2.0) of a LinkCollector Portable Edition program.

What's new:
-New format file ('.lcpb') to store program bookmarks
-Added unicode support
-Added Google Chrome browser support
-Added PC and Portable bookmarks support
-Added PC and Portable browser support
-Added proxy support
-Added drag and drop function to move a '.url' files into a program

Note:
To import your bookmarks from old file version ('.lkb') of a program, please copy this file to program directory. If into a program directory you have a old ('.lkb') and new ('.lcpb') file of a bookmarks, then program will import bookmarks from new file.

Download: http://www.vscsoftware.com/download/lin ... r_beta.zip

Test the program, find bugs and get a free registration.
Last edited by AnalogXP on Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I am Baas

#17 Post by I am Baas »

Very nice and clean interface. Looks neat on XP Pro SP2. A few things:

- Chrome is automatically listed as a "Bookmark source" in the Options dialog box with a nonexistent path to a Chrome bookmark file. I do not use it / have this browser installed on my machine.

- A hotkey to bring up LinkCollector would be great addition (or an option to put the icon in the tray area as an alternative in the taskbar).

- When you check a link (highlight, right click and ctrl+k) and then doubleclick on the highlighted line it adds the last check date in the last visit column. This also happens when you just doubleclick on any link without checking it first (whether a broken one or not).

- This beta version is not fully functional... could not check all links at once.

- Could you add support to QTWeb browser?

Edit: Can confirm garbanzo's findings re. capture a link. Does not work in Opera 9.64 either.
Last edited by I am Baas on Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

garbanzo

#18 Post by garbanzo »

very nice update. last time i looked for a new version the homepage was gone, so i assumed the project had died...

my old bookmarks file imported fine.

visually, there are some odd quirks (i'm running windows 7). mostly they deal with the lines that show up as part of the 'tree' view, and how it interacts with the highlighting. i can post a screenshot if you want.

when checking links, why is the background of the pop-up a light brown colour? it does not match the rest of the program.

one of my links keeps coming up red, even though it works fine.

in the Proxy tab of the options window, "Address" is spelled wrong.

capture bookmark hotkey does NOT work for me. the window pops up, but the link is not filled in. i'm using Firefox 3.5

some feature requests:
ability to drag columns around to change their order
ability to minimize to tray
ability to capture favicons and store them with bookmarks would be very nice!

AnalogXP

#19 Post by AnalogXP »

- Chrome is automatically listed as a "Bookmark source" in the Options dialog box with a nonexistent path to a Chrome bookmark file. I do not use it / have this browser installed on my machine.
If Chrome have been installed and uninstalled, then Chrome not delete a own data. You can verify at:
C:\Documents and Settings\You user name\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default
- When you check a link (highlight, right click and ctrl+k) and then doubleclick on the highlighted line it adds the last check date in the last visit column. This also happens when you just doubleclick on any link without checking it first (whether a broken one or not).
'Last visit' column - date/time of a your last visit a webpage
'Last check' column - date of a last check of a adress
:?:
- This beta version is not fully functional... could not check all links at once.
I have sent you a reg data
-capture bookmark hotkey does NOT work for me. the window pops up, but the link is not filled in. i'm using Firefox 3.5
-when checking links, why is the background of the pop-up a light brown colour? it does not match the rest of the program.
-in the Proxy tab of the options window, "Address" is spelled wrong.
Problem is resolved. Download the program again.
visually, there are some odd quirks (i'm running windows 7). mostly they deal with the lines that show up as part of the 'tree' view, and how it interacts with the highlighting. i can post a screenshot if you want.
Please send me a screenshot
You can send me a link?

Thanks to all! You really help me.

I am Baas

#20 Post by I am Baas »

AnalogXP wrote:
If Chrome have been installed and uninstalled, then Chrome not delete a own data. You can verify at:
C:\Documents and Settings\You user name\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default
That was exactly my point. I have never installed Chrome on this machine and I do not have a Google\Chrome\ folder in the user's Application Data folder yet it is listed as Bookmark source in the LinkCollector Options dialog box.
AnalogXP wrote:
You can send me a link?
I have the same issue... here are a few links:
http://www.fivecentnickel.com/
http://www.mdgx.com/
http://newstimeline.googlelabs.com/
http://www.cargillcocoachocolate.com/

Also, launching a website from the Found window by double clicking on a link doesn't work properly. It will always launch the same Website previously visited through LinkCollector.

Hope this helps.

AnalogXP

#21 Post by AnalogXP »

I am Baas, thank you, please download again.

http://www.vscsoftware.com/download/lin ... r_beta.zip
Last edited by AnalogXP on Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I am Baas

#22 Post by I am Baas »

The issue with check links seems to be fixed except for one that stays red... ftp://ftp.asus.com/pub/ASUS/misc/utils/

Also, on a dual monitor setup, the LinkCollector window will always start on the primary screen if it was closed when maximized. It remembers windows position only when not fully maximized.

AnalogXP

#23 Post by AnalogXP »

Hi!

New update.

What's new:
-Ability to drag columns around to change their order
-Ability to minimize to tray
-Ability to capture favicons and store them in folder
-Ability to check a FTP links

Also, on a dual monitor setup, the LinkCollector window will always start on the primary screen if it was closed when maximized. It remembers windows position only when not fully maximized.
Please test and tell me if problem is resolved. I do not have a dual monitor
Last edited by AnalogXP on Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AnalogXP

#24 Post by AnalogXP »

Hi!

This is a new update of a LinkCollector Portable Edition:
What's new:
- Fixed an error on a get a favicon
- Import/export a bookmarks on toolbar of a IE, Firefox and Chrome
- Fixed a error not showing a datetime into a 'Date Modified' column

Last edited by AnalogXP on Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

garbanzo

#25 Post by garbanzo »

oh boy, i missed the Jul 27 update. i just notice you've added the three features i requested. thanks very much! i'll make time to grab the new version later today :)

AnalogXP

#26 Post by AnalogXP »

New updates:
- Fixed a bug when exporting a empty folder to Chrome
- Creating backup of a bookmarks files of a browsers when importing and exporting
- Added Opera PersonalBar support
- Fixed a bug when exporting to Opera

Download
Last edited by AnalogXP on Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Terrine

#27 Post by Terrine »

This is not freeware. People are being lured into unpaid beta testing with the promise of a free license. Why is it discussed here?

AnalogXP

#28 Post by AnalogXP »

Terrine wrote:This is not freeware. People are being lured into unpaid beta testing with the promise of a free license. Why is it discussed here?
The testers get a free license for beta version and the release version.
Registration key is available for testers by request.

JwG

#29 Post by JwG »

Tested with Iron Portable. I told LinkCollector that Iron was Chrome, everything worked well.

When I edited the settings.ini file to add a --incognito switch for Iron, LinkCollector through the whole concept out and returned to FireFox.

There does seem to be a restriction that LinkCollector portable has to be on the same drive as the browsers, it didn't like being on a different drive. It worked until the LinkCollector was closed, but when it was reopend LinkCollector couldn't find anything.

febz11

#30 Post by febz11 »

Great work...
Is there a way to use NTLM Proxy (Get the proxy settings from IE or Firefox) since with the existing proxy settings page, i cannot use Linkcollector on a Corporate network (Firewall requires NTLM Proxy).

Thanks...