Yep, I'm using GNU/Linux since my whole Windows Vista crashed because of a virus attack (end of march 2009) < and I couldn't get in... So I figured "WTF???"
(1) lets get my old Slax 6.x < running from a USB stick
(2) lets stick another stick and download to it Ubuntu (since Canonical FUCKS have A LOT of Proprietary Wireless Drivers ""Out Of The Box")
(3) lets burn the Ubuntu 8.10 ISO with K3B
(4) it said that it burnt successfully
(5) most of the none backed up data (Vista) lost...
(6) lets install Ubuntu GNU/Linux
Now, as time goes on and as I'm looking around for more answers to questions, I see that Ubuntu GNU/Linux is nothing more than an UGLY Propaganda for self Public Relations and Promotion just as like Mozilla people did (and are still doing: see this example from the past)
Ubuntu SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!! < but better than WindOOOOw$
Ubuntu has one of the WORST KDE & XFCE desktops < Gnome is #1 for Canonical.
There are TWO mAjor problems
1) A very BAD implementations of KDE, Xfce and soon will be an LXDE < The only "decent" desktop is their Gnome distribution which is "Ubuntu"
2) They're allegedly (or should I say: seemingly) claiming for EXCLUSIVELY supporting drivers (free and proprietary) and an exclusive innovation when it comes to the "creation" of these drivers <<< this is a LIE <<< this is a Propaganda!!!
these people IMHO want a monopoly <<< they're (most of them) GREED!
maybe Ubuntu contributed to the world not more than 10 enhancements and applications.
Ubuntu just presenting themselves as the main factor behind all the GNU features around that you see in the Ubuntu OS < it ISN'T true and this is NOT the right impression that a user should get!
And by the way, If you want a very friendly LXDE distribution, get Slitaz + a WiFi Slitaz Distro
get a router (with auto connection... duh!) get ArchLinux or Slackware or Debian or Fedora or gNewSense <<< and from there download a wireless driver.
I installed Ubuntu 9.04 when it released <<< DISASTER!!!!!!!
and XUbuntu 9.04??? Gnome panel + Xfce panel installed at the same time??? :S
Gnome power manager instead of Xfce power manager
there is A BAD Public Relations for KDE and XFCE on this arena!
At the end of the support, Next step will be ArchLinux or Slackware + XFCE
Code: Select all
The only things they are good at is to supply big forums and enough "Wiki" help pages for the GNU applications < That is all they're good for.
Have a nice day.