[Eusing Free Registry Cleaner]

Post details of freeware that are found to be not portable here. Posts in the submissions forum relating to freeware found to be not portable should also be moved here.
dot

[Eusing Free Registry Cleaner]

#1 Post by dot »

[Mod note (2019-07-25): 2 different posts about Eusing Registy Cleaner merged here.]

Can't remember anymore where I found out about it a few weeks ago. But it was much hyped and people were amazed what stuff it kept finding even after using several of the well-known registry cleaners like jv16 PowerTools, RegSeeker, EasyCleaner, etc. People reported that the stuff it found, that the others didn't find, was completely safe to delete. So far I can confim their evaluation. It's also very fast.

Seems to write only in its own application folder. No registry entries at all.

There's some nag screen, every time you start it, asking for a donation, that you can click away with one click on "skip". But the program is fully worth the little extra "effort".

Eusing Free Registry Cleaner 1.1: http://www.eusing.com/

risk

#2 Post by risk »

Please review the McAfee Site Advisor report on the above mentioned site before downloading and installing apps from it.

http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/eusing ... e&aff_id=0

dot

#3 Post by dot »

Thanks for pointing me to the MacAfee site, risk, that I didn't know, yet. Well, the Eusing site comes off perfectly clean. Just links, pointing to some other sites are mentioned for offering, possibly, problematic downloads. ALL 14 downloads from that site are officially approved free of spyware and adware by MacAfee. Here's MacAfee's result:

"DOWNLOAD TESTS FOR EUSING.COM:
14 green downloads
In our tests, we found downloads on this site were free of adware, spyware, and other unwanted programs."

I even checked the registry quickly again, and I can't even find the very few registry entries that MacAffee mentions for different downloads of the registry cleaner.

Personally, I'm very happy with that registry cleaner. It's my favourite one, right now, as it's so fast and thorough!

Andrew Lee

#4 Post by Andrew Lee »

There's some nag screen, every time you start it, asking for a donation, that you can click away with one click on "skip". But the program is fully worth the little extra "effort".
Apps with startup nag screen are out. Sorry about that.

dot

#5 Post by dot »

You mean out from the database, or shouldn't they even get mentioned in the forum? I'd find that a bit exaggerated, to be true.

JohnW

#6 Post by JohnW »

For my twopennyworth ... I can accept that you might not wish to have a nag sceen app in the database but dot deserves thanks for bringing this app to our attention.

Actually I think it SHOULD be in the database.

dot

#7 Post by dot »

Thanks JohnW! I appreciate your appreciation! ;-)

I, too, think the little, useful proggy deserves some kudos.

Andrew Lee

#8 Post by Andrew Lee »

You are welcomed to share your findings in the forum.

My reply merely indicated it will not be posted to the database, otherwise there will be postings after some time asking why I have not done so.

Sorry for not making this clearer.

Mapido

Eusing Free Registry Cleaner

#9 Post by Mapido »

Category: System / Registry Tools

Synopsis: "Eusing Free Registry Cleaner is a free registry repair software that allows you to safely clean and repair registry problems with a few simple mouse clicks. The Windows Registry is a crucial part of your PC's operation system."

Writes settings to: Application Folder

How to extract: Download the installer, install and copy Regcleaner.exe, options.ini and the folder Backup to your portable device.

License: Freeware

System Requirements: 9x/Me/NT/2000/XP/2003

Mapido

Oh yeah

#10 Post by Mapido »

dot

#11 Post by dot »

I suggested the program already some time ago, but it's rated nagware here and thus not accepted in the database. Otherwise it's a real good program and still my favourite registry cleaner (fast and reliable).

Andrew Lee

Eusing Free Registry Cleaner

#12 Post by Andrew Lee »

Application name: Eusing Free Registry Cleaner

Website: http://eusing.com/free_registry_cleaner ... leaner.htm

Date tested: 2007-01-12

Reason: Nagware.

Napiophelios

Re: Eusing Free Registry Cleaner

#13 Post by Napiophelios »

I have been using this one for a while now and I like it alot
At least its not like PC Doctor or others trial software that will do a scan
and tell you to upgrade to fix the 700 registry problems it found.

I made a wrapper with autohotkey and the nag screen is barely visible for like a 1000th of a sec :mrgreen:

man I wish I had money to spend on non essential stuff like this, I would buy it in a heart beat.
but noooo the babies need more medicine and food and diapers

I am Baas

#14 Post by I am Baas »

Napiophelios wrote:babies
Congratiolations. How many of them in one go? :)

Napiophelios

#15 Post by Napiophelios »

2 boys :twisted: