a few questions about jauntePE

Discuss anything related to JauntePE, the utlimate utility to help you tame non-portable applications. Share your experience about the apps that work with JauntePE, and the apps that don't.
red death68

a few questions about jauntePE

#1 Post by red death68 »

first im new to it so is using jauntePE v alpha 0.3.0 recomended

second what is the averge time needed to make a package portable(installer)

third is there any one who may know of other programs like jauntePE besides uniextractor

m^(2)

Re: a few questions about jauntePE

#2 Post by m^(2) »

red death68 wrote:first im new to it so is using jauntePE v alpha 0.3.0 recomended
For testing purposes - definitely!
For real stuff...well...no. Doesn't work under Windows x64, has issues with Vista, isn't well tested yet, so it may have even big bugs.
red death68 wrote:second what is the averge time needed to make a package portable(installer)
Short. Minutes? In extreme cases possibly seconds?
red death68 wrote:third is there any one who may know of other programs like jauntePE besides uniextractor
Uniextractor is totally different thing. There's no single function that both programs implement.

JauntePE portabilizes applications. UE is a decompressor.

If you're looking for programs similar to UE - every archiver does more or less the same.

Similar to JauntePE - currently only ThinApp, which is costly. I've heard of 2 alternatives in development, but it needs time.

red death68

#3 Post by red death68 »

ok where do i get the better version not for testing because mine runs forever and hasnt worked yet?

m^(2)

#4 Post by m^(2) »

If you read my post, you'd know there is no version not for testing.
The latest is http://portablefreeware.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4407

Read readmes and watch the videos if you have troubles.