Avant Flash Drive 1.0 (Avant Browser)

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
AlephX

Avant Flash Drive 1.0 (Avant Browser)

#1 Post by AlephX »

Avant Flash Drive is the portable edition of Avant Browser. Avant Browser is based on the IExplorer engine, but with many improvements.

Some features
Multi-Window Browsing, Built-in RSS/ATOM Reader, Additional Mouse Functions, Real Full screen mode, security options, privacy settings, Built-in AD/Pop-up Blocker and Flash Animation Filter (to block Flash ads), Safe Recovery (in case of crash, you can restart all the pages you were browsing). It has also an integratd google web page translator and it is skinnable.

It is really compatible with IE but it is more secure and friendly.

In the home page http://www.avantbrowser.com/index.html the authors declare:
Avant Browser is the fastest web browser on Earth. Its user-friendly interface brings a new level of clarity and efficiency to your browsing experience, and frequent upgrades have steadily improved its reliability. Now, Avant Browser is available in 41 languages.
Download page (actually quite poor...)
http://www.enertechdbi.com/avant/

I think that it uses the local IE engine, but the settings are saved on the USB pen. It is useful for the ones who need IE but hate it!

Greetings!

Andrew Lee

#2 Post by Andrew Lee »

The settings do not seem to be portable. I installed it on one machine and ran it. I went through the configuration steps like language, buttons blah blah blah. Accessed a few websites. Exit the program. Checked with RegShot. Some settings appear to have been written to the user profile folder!

Just to double-check, I copied the entire folder to a different machine and ran it. Sure enough, it asked me to go through the configuration steps again!