Guardians of Paradise

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
rokth

Guardians of Paradise

#1 Post by rokth »

A neat game modeled after games like Zelda and Secret of mana, it was made by Buster. And his site can be found at

http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA025956/

And the game can be downloaded right from here. V http://my.vector.co.jp/servlet/System.F ... ver100.zip

there is more info and a translation that can be found at Aeon Genesis's site

http://agtp.romhack.net/rakuga.html

this game is portable to my knowlege and does not write to the registry.

Fluffy

#2 Post by Fluffy »

Ah yes, I actually beat this one before the translation was available. Unfortunately, the necessity of an English patch that's offered on a different site brings up some problems with Homepage links: should we link to the page with Japanese characters or the incorrect page with the English patch? Not really sure how to handle this one (same goes for Cave Story, I've wanted to add that one for a while) so I guess all we can do is ask Andrew what he thinks about it all. If he gives the green light, I'll be glad to add this to the collection.

Andrew Lee

#3 Post by Andrew Lee »

My preference is to point to the English site, since I assume most of you who frequent portablefreeware.com are English readers rather than Japanese (though I am sure there are some lucky ones who are Eng/Jap bilingual)!

Fluffy

#4 Post by Fluffy »

Just tried applying the patch and apparently the translator had a version mismatch. No good, hopefully the author of the patch will update.

rokth

#5 Post by rokth »

Oh yeah, about that, I have a simple fix.

The issue is with system.ini

just remove it from the directory, DO NOT DELETE IT!!! Run the patch program, when the patch has completed, put system.ini back in the directory.

That's what I did the first time I saw an error message.

let me know how it works for you...

Fluffy

#6 Post by Fluffy »

Actually I had no problems with system.ini at all, turns out i had extracted the readme for the translation over the original readme and that screwed over the patch. Working fine now, I'll probably submit it soon.

rokth

#7 Post by rokth »

well, I'll be waiting for it...so lemmie know when it goes up...

Fluffy

#8 Post by Fluffy »

Gah, completely spaced this one. Trying to figure out what I'm going to write for the synopsis and the easiest way of giving instructions for installing the patch, it's a shame romhack can't provide a full download.

Will probably be up tomorrow, writing myself a note now (I'm incredibly tired at the moment, and I'm sure I wouldn't be doing this gem justice by ranting about peanut butter in the description).

Fluffy

#9 Post by Fluffy »

Has finally been posted to the database!