Windows 7

Any other tech-related topics
garbanzo

Windows 7

#1 Post by garbanzo »

Who's going to grab the beta when it is released? It's rumored that it will be made available at the start of CES tomorrow. I, for one, am anxious to install it and see how it compares to the 'leaked' beta.

It's very impressive so far. Fast, resource-friendly, and fun. I'm looking forward to watching it develop over the next year...

Zach Thibeau

#2 Post by Zach Thibeau »

I already have a copy :P official beta tester :D lets say Windows 7 is a major improvement over vista :D even speed tests in comparison to vista and Windows XP were done and windows 7 came on top :P
[wow I use a lot of smilies in this post]

garbanzo

#3 Post by garbanzo »

thibeaz wrote:I already have a copy :P official beta tester :D lets say Windows 7 is a major improvement over vista :D even speed tests in comparison to vista and Windows XP were done and windows 7 came on top :P
[wow I use a lot of smilies in this post]
i thought the official beta wasn't released yet? are you just running the 7000 build that surfaced last week?

Zach Thibeau

#4 Post by Zach Thibeau »

I've been using all the builds :P I'm an official tester I told you. We get the newest release before the general public hears about it.

garbanzo

#5 Post by garbanzo »

thibeaz wrote:I've been using all the builds :P I'm an official tester I told you. We get the newest release before the general public hears about it.
what's the build number? how does it differ from 7000? when is it being released?

Zach Thibeau

#6 Post by Zach Thibeau »

it's the same build number but it's released to the official testers before the general public hears about it. read what I say fully next time please

garbanzo

#7 Post by garbanzo »

no need to be a jackass. you never said what build you're running, so i asked. you implied that you have one that the public does not know about, so i got curious.

Zach Thibeau

#8 Post by Zach Thibeau »

your a fine one about talking like a jack ass. That wasn't my intention. I was just mearly saying you should read what I said in the first place. now that aside, Yes I am running 7000 beta 1

garbanzo

#9 Post by garbanzo »

portackager

#10 Post by portackager »

It's a shame they won't offer it as an update for all Vista users. I personally had my complaints at first, but I've adjusted, Vistas an 'OK' operating system in my book. Just recently Windows 7 is starting to take the bashing after all this hype from the media. :lol:

garbanzo

#11 Post by garbanzo »

free update for vista users? why on earth would microsoft do that? i can't imagine any reason why they should give win7 away to people who don't like vista.

as for bashing, i really don't think that's what the article you linked is about. it's saying that old hardware won't work on an OS being released at the end of this year. that only seems natural to me. anyone with an up-to-date machine can run win7, and most hardware made in the last 5 years will have vista drivers for it. the response to Win7 so far, from both media and beta testers, has been overwhelmingly positive. the author of that article also praises it at the end...

anyway, people who still use XP are hanging on to an outdated OS, of course they aren't going to like change.

i've been dual booting XP and win7 for over a month now. i was a huge XP fan boy, and it took a little while to adjust, but it's been probably 3 weeks since i booted into my XP partition. i'm enjoying win7 tremendously. it's fast, it's extremely low on resource usage, and it looks fantastic. hardware and software compatibility are excellent. new features are great. really, it's a big step up from both XP and Vista.