Help with All Users

Discuss anything related to JauntePE, the utlimate utility to help you tame non-portable applications. Share your experience about the apps that work with JauntePE, and the apps that don't.
fawkes

Help with All Users

#1 Post by fawkes »

I have an application that uses files saved in %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Database\Dated\ and I would like to make this application portable by using JauntePE. Now I am aware this might not be possible since JauntePE is selective of what it redirects of folders, but if it is I would really like some help to accomplish this. If not does anyone have any other suggestion as to how I might accomplish this? Thanks.

crownixx

#2 Post by crownixx »

To include subdirectory of special folder for redirection, try this
[FilesystemInclude]
1=%40%\Database\Dated

Or, to include %ALLUSERSPROFILE% for redirection,
[FilesystemInclude]
1=40

It is all in the readme.html>The Runtime Ini>Portablizer>File System.

fawkes

#3 Post by fawkes »

Great, I didn't really believe there was a way to solve this with JauntePE, although I am a bit confused because I have read the JauntePE help file several times (which I always do before posting) and I could not remember seeing something that would redirect %ALLUSERSPROFILE% so when I looked for the folder code you used (40) I found it to be used instead of %USERPROFILE% not %ALLUSERSPROFILE%. Are you sure this is correct? Will this work? Thanks.

crownixx

#4 Post by crownixx »

Yes, you were right, the (40) token is for the %userprofile% directory. Sorry about that.
Looks like you found the special folder that redllar miss. Hope he notice about it and make the fix

crownixx

#5 Post by crownixx »

redllar has update his documentation in the build17 and now we know that it is possible to redirect others directory beside the special folder.

For your case, i have successfully redirect %ALLUSERSPROFILE% by adding the following runtime configuration

Code: Select all

[FilesystemInclude]
1=%ALLUSERSPROFILE%

[SpecialFolders]
%ALLUSERSPROFILE%=.\Common