Getting JauntePE to pass parameters to application

Discuss anything related to JauntePE, the utlimate utility to help you tame non-portable applications. Share your experience about the apps that work with JauntePE, and the apps that don't.
fawkes

Getting JauntePE to pass parameters to application

#1 Post by fawkes »

I have an application I am trying to make portable with JauntePE, but the problem is that the application does not want to launch by simply running its exe file, instead it gives a message that says this application can only be run from the shortcut. The reason for this is that the shortcut passes the parameter -unregistered so what I need to do is to make JauntePE launche the exe file with the parameter -unregistered. Does anyone know how I can accomplish this?

total-reflection

#2 Post by total-reflection »

In the [launch] section of your ini-file add:

Params="-unregistered"

(maybe the quotes have to be removed... not sure about this. Try it.)

Greets,
t-r

crownixx

#3 Post by crownixx »

total-reflection is right about it. You can see how redllar use this settings in readme.html>Examples>Portable Reg Editing>toJPE Example. He did not add quote(") in the params but doesnt hurt if you try it out :)

fawkes

#4 Post by fawkes »

Great, it was that easy and after reading the documentation so many times I find it weird I managed to miss it. I will try it out with the quotes on another application I have since it actually has spaces in the parameters and I do not think it will work without quotes then, unless someone has experienced otherwise? Anyways thanks for the information.

fawkes

#5 Post by fawkes »

It seems JauntePE does not pass parameters if they are enclosed in quotes, on the other hand it works fine with passing spaces in parameters without the quotes.