Failing to make app portable, what do I do wrong?

Discuss anything related to JauntePE, the utlimate utility to help you tame non-portable applications. Share your experience about the apps that work with JauntePE, and the apps that don't.
Zach Thibeau

Ohh

#16 Post by Zach Thibeau »

Ohh cool, Can't wait to test it out :), You know if you need a secondary server I'm more than willing to host the files for you ;)

Daleus

#17 Post by Daleus »

Kranor,

I'm trying to follow your Block Note example, but I can't find:

"JPE AutoWizard v2.0.3.exe"

I realize this might be a name from a former version...I am using 030a.

Where do I find this AutoWizard program you refer to?

Cheers!

crownixx

#18 Post by crownixx »

Daleus wrote:Kranor,

I'm trying to follow your Block Note example, but I can't find:

"JPE AutoWizard v2.0.3.exe"

I realize this might be a name from a former version...I am using 030a.

Where do I find this AutoWizard program you refer to?

Cheers!
"JPE AutoWizard v2.0.3.exe" is for the JauntePE 0.1.* version. It is old and me myself dont use it anymore. Try JPE Quickie instead. It is far more better than JPE AutoWizard.

Daleus

#19 Post by Daleus »

crownixx,

Thanks for the reply.

Do you know, will I be able to follow Kranor's example by replacing the "autowizard" with JPE Quickie?

I will give it a try. I have to say I feel as though I'm jumping into the middle of a project with Jaunte. I get the basic idea, but I'm not fully digesting what the milestones are supposed to be along the way.

Hopefully, a quick success will show what I'm aiming for.

Thanks

crownixx

#20 Post by crownixx »

Daleus wrote: Do you know, will I be able to follow Kranor's example by replacing the "autowizard" with JPE Quickie?
No. When using JPE Quickie, you dont have to unpack the installer using Universal Extractor. Just drag drop the block note installer to JPE Quickie then click "Run Portably". After finish the installation, JPE Quickie will guide you to set up the portable.