MiniCap - advanced commandline screenshot maker

Submit command line tools that you find here.
joby_toss

MiniCap - advanced commandline screenshot maker

#1 Post by joby_toss »

I am using MiniCap for quite a while now and i was wondering if you guys heard of it or already use this (it's the small brother of ScreenshotCaptor).
I think it is the best application of this kind on the web, freeware or commercial. It got recently updated to v1.12.01; saves it's settings to ini file, does not leave relevant registry entries after closing it, does not need a licence key.
You can use " -save ".\Screenshots\$datetime$.png" " and the screenshots will be saved in Screenshots subfolder regardless of drive letter making it ideal for a flashdrive.
It can be extracted with UE and compress with upx (so it becomes 1mb in size); you can also remove MiniFlash.exe if you are not using it.

Why i'm posting this here and now? because after a post i made on MiniCap's forum, it's creator (Mouser) said it "doesn't seem to have many users" and i couldn't believe that.

So...what do you think about this app ?

garbanzo

#2 Post by garbanzo »

you made me curious, so i checked it out. it's nice enough. it works well and does what most other good screen capture programs do.

i still prefer FastStone though...

here's a commercial (and presumably not portable) one that looks very nice, it captures transparency and window shadows in Vista (which i don't use, so i've not tried this app).

http://www.windowclippings.com/

I am Baas

#3 Post by I am Baas »

@ joby_toss

Thanks for posting about MiniCap. Really nice features and support is great @ DC.