The Picker v 2.0

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
JohnW

The Picker v 2.0

#1 Post by JohnW »

Not a particularly significant submission but this utility works well and is stated to be portable.

The Picker is a very small and simple color picker utility. It sits at the top of the screen where it is always visible but still totally unobtrusive. The window of The Picker is so small that it won't interfere with your work area.

The Picker also has a 4x zoom window which moves along with your mouse pointer. This window also shows the color code, the X,Y position of the mouse and the HotKeys to the current color code and pause The Picker.

The Picker can show the color code in three formats: RGB color code, Long color code & Hex color code.

It's available on ...

Code: Select all

http://www.raunak.info/The%20Picker/

chezduong

Yup, it's portable

#2 Post by chezduong »

Yup, it's portable. Checked with Regshot and with JauntePE. I was using zzoom, but find this smaller and slightly more practical. It might replace zzoom as my default color picker.

Ennovy

#3 Post by Ennovy »

I found just a couple of settings in the registry (using RegFromApp):

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\user\current\software\VB and VBA Program Settings\The Picker\Settings]
"PositionX"="5805"
"PositionY"="1220"

Nice software :wink:

freakazoid

#4 Post by freakazoid »

chezduong

Ah, yes.

#5 Post by chezduong »

Ennvoy, you are right. As soon as you move the window, the registry entries are created.