TeamViewer

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
Lupo73

TeamViewer

#1 Post by Lupo73 »

This new version seems to be portable:
http://www.teamviewer.com/download/portable.aspx

Anyway I haven't test it.

Kea

#2 Post by Kea »

As far as I can see, it's not free.

"If you own a Premium license (this is the only license suitable for the Portable version because it supports unlimited computers)..."

Premium version: € 998.- or $ 1399.-

Master of Dice

#3 Post by Master of Dice »

It is free, but in the free version your "customer/partner/client" will get a message that this a "NON COMMERCIAL" version only. I've tried it 20 minutes ago. It works great.

ashghost

#4 Post by ashghost »

Funny, I was going to write last night to point out that they make conflicting statements about the license, but I decided not to. Even though they say you need the premium license, they state elsewhere that it's "free for personal use" and "testing" (with no time limits), just like the standard version.

The sad thing is that they made it portable not by causing it to write settings to an ini file, but by preventing it from saving settings at all. Still, it's an amazing no-install, dead-simple screen sharing app.

Cheers,
Joe

Simon.T

#5 Post by Simon.T »

perwhis

#6 Post by perwhis »

Don't know if you guys have seen the discussion at http://portableapps.com/node/6713.

Seems like the developers are interested in distributing a portable version, but fail because it is not Open Source. I suppose this can be a place they can do it... and maybe they are even willing to adapt to further wishes from this site.

Otherwise I can give a tip on http://www.ammyy.com/en/ , who have a similar product, but is not fully portable yet. I've asked them about it though, and they will consider it in the next release. (Writes nothing to registry, but leaves files behind.)

freakazoid

#7 Post by freakazoid »

I was looking at TeamViewer after someone bumped up ShowMyPC for an update.

Seems that it is portable, maybe it's time to change TeamViewer from a "rejected app" and add it to the database!

BTW, perwhis, the PortableApps thread was a very interesting read!
is it stealth? ;)

Lupo73

Re: TeamViewer v3.5

#8 Post by Lupo73 »

Someone know if the last version 4.0 of this software is portable? Thanks :mrgreen:

guinness

#9 Post by guinness »

A big fat NO
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\TeamViewer\Version4]
It writes registry entries for the last connected computer and windows position. But I have created a JauntePE version which works just as well. I keep up to date by downloading the USB version and copying across.
Plus if I am on the Vista machine I used the PAF version (which is updated as stated before) even though it creates the registry entries. I like to have stealth programs but sometimes I make the exception if the program is exceptionally useful.

Master of Dice

#10 Post by Master of Dice »

A big fat YES

It's not stealth. But it's portable and they also have a portable version on their homepage.

guinness

#11 Post by guinness »

I class PORTABLE as being stealth i.e. no reg keys or appdata, just plain old ini files. So my post was correct.

Master of Dice

#12 Post by Master of Dice »

It's only correct for you. Most of the apps here are portable but not stealth.

Lupo73

#13 Post by Lupo73 »

Ok, but so at what level of portability it is? :mrgreen:

I'm considering to open a topic to create a standard of "Class of portability".. do you think could be a good idea? It could help to give a class to each software that automatically means the level of its portability.

guinness

#14 Post by guinness »

Okay...so it will run with out install but will leave data on the hosts computer. I also forgot to mention the USB Version (inc. PortableApps version they have) not only writes reg keys but to AppData, its the log file of the session(s).

Class: Portable (not Stealth)

guinness

#15 Post by guinness »

Added To TPFC: http://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=1703
Vote Now!

TESTED: Portable