Portable Puzzles

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
Lupo73

Portable Puzzles

#1 Post by Lupo73 »

A special collection of mini games. It include 29 very good games like MineSweeper, Sudoku, Ponti, Domino, Master-Mind and many others:

http://www.lupopensuite.com/db/portablepuzzles.htm

..v2.2 is less than 3MB, simple and portable..
Last edited by Lupo73 on Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

JohnW

#2 Post by JohnW »

This post refers to 'Simon Tatham's portable puzzles'
There have been been a number of references to it previously in the PFC forums.
Because the PFC search facility is very poor it is very easy to miss it, so no blame to Lupo73.
I couldn't find it in the Database but my understanding is that all the games are in the database as single entities.

Lupo73

#3 Post by Lupo73 »

Yes, the source is 'Simon Tatham's portable puzzles'... but this package include also a general and very user-friendly launcher :wink:

Screenshot: http://www.lupopensuite.com/img/soft/po ... zles_b.jpg

Cornflower

#4 Post by Cornflower »

I love the games--I am more into puzzles than interactive games, that is.

Rather than the front-ends on the site, I just have a spot on my PStart for the ones I relax with most of the time.

My question is with version 1.1, Did any of the games themselves change or just the GUI? Am I just not finding the right link?

Queue

#5 Post by Queue »

It really is a nice launcher, but it has a couple problems.

The first is that when you close it, its tray icon doesn't go away; it sits in the system tray until you mouse over it, then it finally vanishes properly. This is on Win98SE, not sure if the same problem happens on XP.

The second is that the OCX file GIPopPulsante6.ocx gets automatically entered in the registry whenever you run the launcher. This is just a stealth problem, not a portability or functionality problem.

I also wish the launcher would either automatically minimize whenever you run a puzzle (then restore when you close that puzzle) or at least stop spinning when the launcher window loses focus.

Queue

Lupo73

#6 Post by Lupo73 »

Thanks for these notes, I'll try to fix these problems in the next release.. :wink:

Lupo73

Re: Portable Puzzles v2.2

#7 Post by Lupo73 »

For users that like these games and want a simply launcher to run them.. I have updated this mini collection, that now includes 2 new games..for a total of 29 powerful games! :wink: