Please I need help with this software

Ask other users about problems encountered with portable apps or help by posting solutions to existing problems.
Shark_74

Please I need help with this software

#1 Post by Shark_74 »

Hi to everybody!

pls sorry for my bad english, but I´ll try to speak as well as I can... :oops:
I´m trying to make this software portable

Code: Select all

http://www.sendspace.com/file/8kthae

but I had a lot of problems, I´ve been searching for solutions, I used winrar to make a self execute sfx, I used thinsintall and other programs but I always get the same message

FILE NOT FOUND or problems with ocx´s or dll´s

When I execute de portable that I have made in the pc where the program was installed its runs ok, but when I execute de program in other pc where the software never has been installed not runs. :(
I suppose that there are any files installed in the pc that are necessary but I can´t find it
I will very grateful for guidance or someone who could create this portable. I need this software for my job to use in differents pc´s without installation.

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english again

Local

#2 Post by Local »

If you give a link for legal and free software here you may get a response.

Simon.T

#3 Post by Simon.T »

Local wrote:If you give a link for legal and free software here you may get a response.
Agreed! @Shark_74... nothing personal but... http://www.portablefreeware.com/forums/ ... =4299#4299

Please change the location to the official site!

Shark_74

#4 Post by Shark_74 »

thanks for your answers, I understand that you need the official site not a link. That software is an old version and it´ s not linked in its web in this moment, there´s a new version but I don´t use that because :
1.- I have not the new license
2.- It´s a little bit more complicated than previous software and the previous version fill my diary job objetives

My link its not a virus or similar it´s only my own software :cry:

Sorry for my english level. I try to explain myself as best as I can. I hope be understood and understand your previous answer in the right way :oops:

Regards

Shark_74

#5 Post by Shark_74 »

Thanks anyway.... I´ve got it :wink:

grannyGeek

#6 Post by grannyGeek »

@ Shark_74 --- did you get it running ok?

If you still have problems, I suggest you try what was recommended to me --
download and run Dependency Walker to find out which dll/ocx files your app needs, and then try copying those particular files to the application folder.

That has worked for me on a couple of softwares.