AutoRun LWMenu

If you are currently developing portable freeware or planning to do so, use this forum to discuss technical implementation, seek out like-minded developers for partnership, or solicit interested users for beta testing.
-ElCoyot-

Re: AutoRun LWMenu

#196 Post by -ElCoyot- »

That's cool. Fantastic. :D

lwc

#197 Post by lwc »

-ElCoyot- wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:26 am That's cool. Fantastic. :D
Thanks! In that case, I've released a couple of other features, if you like to check the latest beta.
  • The first feature I'm not sure you can check since it seems you're always admin anyway. It lets you relaunch admin-only buttons as admin, if you tried to click them not as admin (i.e. buttons involving netaccess and symlinks).
  • The second feature is the new command line parameters /skiptobutton=X (e.g. /skiptobutton=5) and /?, so you can make one central menu with all buttons, but each time call a different one. If there are more options you like to see as command line parameters, now's your chance. Although remember file extension associations don't support command line parameters anyway, so it's not for one of your favorite use cases.
Last edited by lwc on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-ElCoyot-

#198 Post by -ElCoyot- »

You can give an example of an inf file in which the function "/skiptobutton=X" is written. I couldn't figure it out.

lwc

#199 Post by lwc »

No, inf files already had the ability to have:

Code: Select all

[CUSTOM CD MENU]
skiptobutton=X
The new feature is that your launcher's shortcut can now run launcher.exe /skiptobutton=X (or launcher.exe /skiptobutton=X "path-to-folder-with-INF") which will be used even if the INF has something else.

So imagine you can have just 1 single INF file, but 10 shortcuts, saving you the trouble of having to create and maintain 10 INF files. It doesn't replace anything, just adds an alternate way to skip to buttons.

Internally I use it when you try to click a button that requires admin permissions (due to netaccess or symlinks). It then asks you if you like to relaunch as admin and if you choose yes it will skip right to the button that previously failed you for not being an admin.

-ElCoyot-

#200 Post by -ElCoyot- »

Ok. The desired function. Overall, everything is great. I don't even know what else to offer.

lwc

#201 Post by lwc »

In that case, finally released the new version, and while at it also added a feature of focusbutton=X (or /focusbutton=X via the command line) so the menu will focus on button X instead of the first button.

-ElCoyot-

#202 Post by -ElCoyot- »

On github.com version 1.5.6. And in the file properties - version 1.5.5.8. Fix it.
2024-4-23 16-35-3.png

lwc

#203 Post by lwc »

Wow, thanks, re-uploaded, is it okay now?
It seems I've originally uploaded like 2 minutes before the new compilation was over. Well, at least the link remains the same.

-ElCoyot-

#204 Post by -ElCoyot- »

Created two portable Media Player Classic - Black Edition programs. The first is through your program, the second is through Yap. Next, watch the video. First, I drag the folder to your launcher, then to the Yap.
Video https://streamable.com/au2s1f

lwc

#205 Post by lwc »

I guess this means everything else is well?

Do you mean you ask to be able to associate/pass folders and not just files?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but yaP doesn't support opening an alternate INI file through a command line parameter, right?
For example, running c:\test\launcher.com c:\something:
  • In my case will open c:\something\Autorun.inf instead of c:\test\Autorun.inf.
    • But if c:\test\Autorun.inf doesn't exist, like in your case, it will - per one of your previous features - extract a default Autorun.inf there first, which means opening up the default menu.
  • In yaP's case will still open c:\test\laucher.ini, while passing c:\something into a {PARAMETERS} macro.
This is because originally an alternate folder was the only command line parameter I've accepted, so I saw no need for a prefix like launcher.exe -ini=c:\something.

Possible ways to solve it:
  1. Force everyone (including myself) to use -ini to still get the present behavior, while the new default will be what you want.
    I don't know how many pass an alternate folder, but for those that do it will break what they had for years, unless they will add -ini, but they won't understand what happened unless they read such an announcement.
  2. Any other suggestions? Keep in mind all this logic happens before loading Autorun.inf so the solution can't be to add something to it.

-ElCoyot-

#206 Post by -ElCoyot- »

I think we should leave it as it is. I came across this behavior by accident, and I don't use this method. I was just stating a fact. Everything else is fine and working fine. Version 1.5.6 is what you need.

lwc

#207 Post by lwc »

Nevertheless, I've made a beta attempt at it, care to try? Folders should now pass to launched programs just like any other association (plus you can use -ini= to choose an alternate folder to grab autorun.inf from).

-ElCoyot-

#208 Post by -ElCoyot- »

Now, when dragging the folder to the launcher, it says "file not found". Also when dragging through files.
Video https://streamable.com/4cuf3h

lwc

#209 Post by lwc »

It's probably because you have spaces in your folders and files, so added support for it, plus the ability to pass multiple parameters (although it's not relevant to this specific use case).
Also added a new feature admin=1 to be able to launch programs an admin (showed it on the default's menu CMD button).
Can you try the latest beta?

-ElCoyot-

#210 Post by -ElCoyot- »

Thanks, everything is working as it should. Aren't you tired of me yet? :D