Uninstalr - Batch uninstall software in Windows

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
FileHandler

Re: Uninstalr - Batch uninstall software in Windows

#31 Post by FileHandler »

jv16 wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 5:27 am ...implementing such functionality would require quite a bit of additional work and would add unneeded complexity to the UI.
Seems like everybody else is going the extra mile then. Including Windows itself, in the video you provided. Their own UI does not comply with standard Windows UI behavior, if I read you correctly?

What you call "unneeded complexity", I call user-friendly. Judging from your blog, we both share the same ideals:
The design goals for my uninstaller were:

1. Simple and user friendly. You should be able to choose what you see on your screen and adjust things freely, and easily.
Guess, we just have vastly different notions of what the above terms entail. :mrgreen: :lol:

jv16

#32 Post by jv16 »

You are correct, Windows does in fact highlight the selected (i.e. items with the tick in the checkbox) this way. I shall add that to the next version of Uninstalr. Thank you both for pushing for this!

Andrew Lee

#33 Post by Andrew Lee »

jv16 wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:07 pm You are correct, Windows does in fact highlight the selected (i.e. items with the tick in the checkbox) this way. I shall add that to the next version of Uninstalr. Thank you both for pushing for this!
Great! Thanks for confirming this.

Ennovy

#34 Post by Ennovy »

Version 2 released feb 15, 2024: https://uninstalr.com/#changelog