What does your XP looks like in 2022 ?

Any other tech-related topics
h3kt0r

Re: What does your XP looks like in 2022 ?

#16 Post by h3kt0r »

Don't try this at home...

juverax

#17 Post by juverax »

at h3kt0r:
This is a very cool screen grab! What is it?
Why "Don't try this at home ..." So ... where should we try it? Sorry, I don't get it ....

Midas

#18 Post by Midas »

If you must know, I guess it's a joke -- due to the manifest extreme desktop customization (achieved with Blackbox, if I'm not mistaken)... 8)

juverax

#19 Post by juverax »

Midas, thanks so much for enlightening me :lol:

h3kt0r

#20 Post by h3kt0r »

Yep, that's "bblean", a "Blackbox" fork for windows. It's just me going nuts due to the extremely large amount of warez cd's being dumped on the "internet archive". I'm actually digging a gold mine of retro-software that i didn't even knew existed in the first place...
:p

Midas

#21 Post by Midas »

Would love to do some retro-computing myself. But these days I can't seem to get a break from (mis-)managing the myriad issues involved in using Windows day-to-day. Talk about a death by a thousand cuts... :shock:

juverax

#22 Post by juverax »

At h3kt0r
... If it is joke, let's label the post in question as a "joke", or any other label that is not misleading.
We all enjoy jokes, because we know they are jokes.

However after reading articles such as https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... ites-study
we must realize that it is important to have reliable information resources on the web, such as https://www.portablefreeware.com/

[ Note that in the above mentioned article, I especially liked the mention (a "joke"?): He was born on XX at the age of 30 .... ]

But seriously, we are entering a very dark new age - possibly for ever and no wayout ! We now have no way to know what is true, who we can trust, ... and we now live in fear of being constantly manipulated!

... As for retro-computing .... very enjoyable!

Andrew Lee

#23 Post by Andrew Lee »

juverax wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 8:37 am But seriously, we are entering a very dark new age - possibly for ever and no wayout ! We now have no way to know what is true, who we can trust, ... and we now live in fear of being constantly manipulated!
Hear, hear! It was brought to my attention recently that it is now possible to create a clone of any singer's voice and make it sing any song you want. Sorta like deepfake of the singing voice. It totally blew my mind as I was listening to some of those songs on Youtube.

We need to be more discerning of any info that we receive online now, and not jump to conclusions. Anything, absolutely anything, can be faked. Speeches, photos, videos.. you name it. The lord helps us all :cry:

h3kt0r

#24 Post by h3kt0r »

h3kt0r

#25 Post by h3kt0r »

:shock: Is this real ?