Quick Clipboard Editor

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
Midas

Re: Quick Clipboard Editor

#16 Post by Midas »

Better yet -- dunno if it's even possible -- would be an implementation of ad-hoc multi-selection... :thinking:

JnLlnd

#17 Post by JnLlnd »

@Cornflower: Thanks for the explanation. I clearly see how I will implement it.

@Midas: The first requirement would be for the source application (where the text would be copied) to support multi-selection. For example, Chrome, Edge and other browsers that I know don't support multi-selection. MS Word can do it but, AFAIK, the multi-selection would require VBA to be read.

JnLlnd

#18 Post by JnLlnd »

@Cornflower: I've added the "Append" feature to the latest QCE beta release v1.0.9.2. See under the "Options" menu, "Copy to Append to the editor". It needs to be tested before adding it to the prod release (please let me know here or on the QCE forum if you can test it). Also, do not hesitate if you have suggestions about the feature's language

Ennovy

#19 Post by Ennovy »

I hope you will consider implementing sytemwide hotkeys for clipboard history and clipboard search.

Cornflower

#20 Post by Cornflower »

Still testing but the append works. Thanks for giving a choice in Options for the delimiter, it adds to the functionality.

I found one SQLite error--I'll send the details in DM.

JnLlnd

#21 Post by JnLlnd »

Ennovy wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 12:18 am I hope you will consider implementing sytemwide hotkeys for clipboard history and clipboard search.
This is currently implemented in the beta release:
https://forum.quickaccesspopup.com/show ... p?tid=2461

Ennovy

#22 Post by Ennovy »

JnLlnd wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 4:48 am
Ennovy wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 12:18 am I hope you will consider implementing sytemwide hotkeys for clipboard history and clipboard search.
This is currently implemented in the beta release:
https://forum.quickaccesspopup.com/show ... p?tid=2461
Thank you

JnLlnd

#23 Post by JnLlnd »

Cornflower wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 3:25 am I found one SQLite error--I'll send the details in DM.
If it is when opening a command dialog box, I got it. It is in v1.0.9.3.
Cornflower wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 3:25 am Still testing but the append works. Thanks for giving a choice in Options for the delimiter, it adds to the functionality.
Do you think the label "Copy to Append to the editor" (under the "Options" menu") is appropriate? Better suggestion?

JnLlnd

#24 Post by JnLlnd »

@Cornflower: The "Copy to Append" feature is now included in QCE v1.1. More info here.

Other changes in v1.1...

Version: 1.1 (2023-05-28)

History menu global hotkey
- add the configurable hotkey Ctrl+Win+H to open History menu (including the "Search Clipboard History" command)
- the hotkey can be change in "Options, Hotkeys"
- if the Editor is the active window, the selected history clip is loaded to the Editor
- when another window is active window, the selected history clip is pasted to the active window
- when using the "Search Clipboard History" command, the selected clip can be loaded or pasted using context menu or the "Edit" and "Paste" buttons

Copy to Append

- under "Options" menu, add a toggle menu option "Copy to Append to the editor" with default value configurable in "Options, Editor"
- in "Options, Various", configure the text inserted before text appended with command "Copy to Append to the editor", with default separator "`n--`n"

Copy to Clipboard with HTML, RTF and Files formats support
- under the "File" menu, add the submenu "Copy Editor to Clipboard As..." to copy the text or source code in the Editor to the Clipboard in various formats:
- "Copy to Clipboard As HTML" to load the HTML source in the Editor to the Clipboard as HTML (allowing to paste it in an editor supporting HTML like MS Word)
- "Copy to Clipboard As RTF" to load the RTF source in the Editor to the Clipboard as Rich Text Format (allowing to paste it in an editor supporting RTF like MS Word)
- "Copy to Clipboard As Files" to load a list of files in the Editor to the Clipboard as Files (as when using the "Copy" command in Explorer) allowing to "Paste" them in Explorer or other file managers
- "Cut to Clipboard As Files" to load a list of files in the Editor to the Clipboard (as when using the "Cut" command in Explorer) allowing to move them in Explorer or other file managers using the "Paste" command
- for the two "As Files" commands, files must exist in order to be copied or cut

Retrieve Clipboard HTML, RTF and Files formats
- under the "File" menu, add the submenu "Get Clipboard Format..." with commands to load in the Editor the Clipboard content in various formats with commands:
- "Get Clipboard HTML" to load in the Editor the HTML source code from the Clipboard
- "Get Clipboard RTF" to load in the Editor the Rich Text Format source code from the Clipboard (and good luck editing it ;-) )
- "Get Clipboard Files" to load in the Editor the list of files copied to the Clipboard (this is automatically done when copying files)
- "Get Clipboard Text" to load in the Editor the text copied to the Clipboard (this is automatically done when copying text)

Inspect Clipboard
- under the "File" menu, add the "Inspect Clipboard" command opening a dialog box listing all formats availaible in the Clipboard
- for each format, indicate the format number (in decimal and hexadecimal), the format name (for example "CF_UNICODETEXT"), the size of the content and, when possible, the first characters of the content
- for formats allowing it, double-clicking on a line, right-clicking on a line or hitting the "Load" button loads the selected format content to the Editor
- add button to "Refresh" the Clipboard contents
- add links to get "Clipboard formats help" and "CF LOCALE Help" from Microsoft website

Various improvements
- under the "Change case" menu, add "SaRcAsM case (alterning caps)" with hotkey Ctrl+Alt+A; add this new hotkey to "Hotkeys help" (F1)
- in "Filter Lines", increase the size of the RegEx text box
- display a confirmation prompt if the "Options" dialog box is cancelled with unsaved changes
- fix SQLite database error when retrieving Saved commands for command under "Edit" or "Find/Replace" menu
- stop updating the editor when activating the QCE window if it is already visible
- fix links of the buttons in "Check for update" dialog box
- allow to minimize Editor window to task bar
- fix application icon transparency

Version: 1.1.1 (2023-05-31)

- fix bug asking unexpectedly to confirm to discard changes when saving options
- fix bug avoiding "Copy to append" to append text when the editor's "Copy" button or menu is clicked
- add a third section to the editor's status bar to show the ASCII code of the character at the right of the caret or of the first selected char
- add a new option under "Editor Window" to select if the ASCII code is shown in decimal (default) or hexadecimal format