jDownloader

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
Orahault

Re: jDownloader

#16 Post by Orahault »

Userfriendly wrote:Been using jDownloader2 for a while since beta and I haven't had any problems with it. Plugins update almost everyday. Noticed they fixed ClicknUpload plugin quickly after sudden site changes. So at least I know the frequent updates are doing something. Besides the uploaded get premium banner and contribute donation tab which can be hidden via advanced settings. There doesn't seem to be any ads anywhere else.

JD 0.9.581 probably doesn't fully support java 8 while JD2 does. It can seem to work fine but it might have bugs. Here's the topic concerning that https://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=56095

FreeRapid is also pretty good. Nothing bad about it. A little less features maybe. But jDownloader seems to be more popular with a larger community and developers behind it. So if a plugin gets outdated, jDownloader will probably get updates sooner than FreeRapid.
Same here, been using jdownloader for a while now and so far, I'm completely satisfied with it. Never heard of freerapid before, how does is fare against jdownloader? What do you mean less features? What I really love about jdownloader is it's simplicity and pretty straightforward features but I wouldn't mind using another downloader with an even much more simplier feel. I'll try and compare the two myself and see which is better for me. Thanks for the post.

webfork

Re: jDownloader

#17 Post by webfork »

Update: jDownloader update came out a few days ago, now at 2.0.1.

--

Also, I recently came across a shared HTTP directory full of materials I had to backup and realized that I didn't have much of an option here. Where I would normally go with uGet, I instead pulled down JDownloader as I guess a temporary solution and was blown away by how much is packed into this software.

The program even monitors images and videos from a variety of websites for download:

Negatively, it's bundleware and adware, unless I assume you buy the pro version. Still a remarkable toolset.

The status of this as a portable toolset is unclear. Given the age of the project, I have to assume it's not a priority at this point.