Why was my post removed?

All suggestions about TPFC should be posted here. Discussions about changes to TPFC will also be carried out here.
Tomxe

Why was my post removed?

#1 Post by Tomxe »

Why was my post removed without any explanation?

Andrew Lee

Re: Why was my post removed?

#2 Post by Andrew Lee »

I checked the moderator log, and I believe the topic you are referring to is “Xelitan PDF Reader”, and it was disapproved by myself with the reason "URL to website not provided".

I believe if you check under user control panel, you should be able to see your posted message and the reason it was disapproved?

I apologize for this mistake. On second thought, I think I could have approved it and add a reply, asking you to add a link to the website.

The mods have to deal with quite a bit of spam sometimes, and quite incredibly, recently we have been seeing more spam that we suspect are AI-generated. It's a fine line we have to deal with sometimes, and we make mistakes each way (letting spammers through, or incorrectly disapproving legit content).

Regardless, please accept my sincere apology. It would be great it you could repost the message with the appropriate URL.

Tomxe

#3 Post by Tomxe »

Thank you so much!
Perhaps you should remove this topic since the issue is resolved.
Thanks again!

Andrew Lee

#4 Post by Andrew Lee »

No worries!

We typically don't remove these "issues" posts for reference purposes. If you look around the forum, you will find plenty of examples where conflicts arose and hopefully resolved to everyone's satisfaction (not always unfortunately).

And oft times we do point to a prior episodes where a similar situation had occurred, and ponder upon what was decided at that time.

Midas

#5 Post by Midas »

Mod note: I'm moving the topic to "Site matters | Suggestions/Discussions", because that's what it is about.

Feel free to express your disagreement... 8)