what do you to change the program main icon?

Discuss anything related to portable freeware here.
giulia

what do you to change the program main icon?

#1 Post by giulia »

Hi
can I ask you what program do you to change the main program icon?

I was used to let resource hacker do it , or i have seen QIcon Changer but never used

well , if you want to change a program icon , what do you do ? and what program do you use?
thanks

Ultra7ven

Re: what do you to change the program main icon?

#2 Post by Ultra7ven »

Personally I take the easy route, instead of modifying the main application icon,
I just create a shortcut to the application and then I right-click the shortcut to change the icon to whatever I want.

properties -> shortcut -> change icon

Andrew Lee

#3 Post by Andrew Lee »

Most portable launchers I have tried (I am currently using LibreKey) will also let you change icons easily.

giulia

#4 Post by giulia »

Ultra7ven wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 3:45 pm Personally I take the easy route, instead of modifying the main application icon,
I just create a shortcut to the application and then I right-click the shortcut to change the icon to whatever I want.

Ultra7ven wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 3:45 pm Personally I take the easy route, instead of modifying the main application icon,

Hi
i 'm thinking about change the exe icon like these video , but he does use a paid software
thanks

Pendrive

#5 Post by Pendrive »

DELETED
Last edited by Pendrive on Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Midas

#6 Post by Midas »

You could check viewtopic.php?t=21358 & viewtopic.php?p=102677#p102677 to see my current personal preference for the task, i.e., PE Icon Changer... :idea:

giulia

#7 Post by giulia »

Midas wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 9:53 am You could check viewtopic.php?t=21358 & viewtopic.php?p=102677#p102677 to see my current personal preference for the task, i.e., PE Icon Changer... :idea:
Hi
nice , would like to change the splash screen too ,but seems very hard
i will try PE Icon Changer , even resource hacker seem great!
can you change the splash screen of some freeware like audacity or other software?
thanks

Midas

#8 Post by Midas »

giulia wrote: can you change the splash screen of some freeware like audacity or other software?
I believe you can provided this two pre-requisites: 1) you're able to find the appropriate resource in Resource Hacker and replace it; 2) the executable isn't self-checking its hash or lenght... YMMV.

giulia

#9 Post by giulia »

Midas wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 4:31 am
giulia wrote: can you change the splash screen of some freeware like audacity or other software?
I believe you can provided this two pre-requisites: 1) you're able to find the appropriate resource in Resource Hacker and replace it; 2) the executable isn't self-checking its hash or lenght... YMMV.
Hi
yes you are right , i guess many freeware don't check but others have an hash or lenght check
thanks