SourceForge Outtage Jan 18-19 2023 (resolved)

Share interesting information or links related to portable apps here.
JohnTHaller

SourceForge Outtage Jan 18-19 2023 (resolved)

#1 Post by JohnTHaller »

Wanted to let folks know that it seems SourceForge has had an outtage or configuration issue. All downloads of apps posted after Oct 2021 seem to be unavailable. I've switched PortableApps.com over to our own hosted downloads for our website and platform, but when downloading things from other open source projects on SourceForge linked to from PFC or elsewhere you may be unable to get the apps you're looking for. Hopefully this will be resolved soon.
Last edited by JohnTHaller on Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PortableApps.com - The open standard for portable software | Support Net Neutrality

nickoftime

Re: SourceForge Outtage Starting Jan 18 2023

#2 Post by nickoftime »

Over the past four months, it seems like John and the portableapps.com team cannot catch a break with hosting services for their apps. As a frequent visitor to their site and user of some of their packaged apps, John and his team do such a great job with what they offer on their site. I'm hoping that it all works out.

JohnTHaller

Re: SourceForge Outtage Jan 18-19 2023 (resolved)

#3 Post by JohnTHaller »

SourceForge resolved the issue this afternoon. It took a couple hours for the mirrors to catch up. Everything is working again as it should in my testing so we've re-enabled SF downloads.
PortableApps.com - The open standard for portable software | Support Net Neutrality

JohnTHaller

Re: SourceForge Outtage Jan 18-19 2023 (resolved)

#4 Post by JohnTHaller »

nickoftime wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:01 am Over the past four months, it seems like John and the portableapps.com team cannot catch a break with hosting services for their apps. As a frequent visitor to their site and user of some of their packaged apps, John and his team do such a great job with what they offer on their site. I'm hoping that it all works out.
Thanks, nickoftime. The main issue here is that I wish I'd noticed last night to make the switch over so users weren't inconvenienced for about 1/2 a day. It's still manual at the moment but I may build an automated tester and switchover in the future.