RIP Internet Explorer

Any other tech-related topics
SYSTEM

RIP Internet Explorer

#1 Post by SYSTEM »

Internet Explorer 11 became officially out of support today. https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperi ... d-to-know/

The browser that once dominated the landscape is dead. Good riddance.
My YouTube channel | Release date of my 13th playlist: August 24, 2020

nickoftime

Re: RIP Internet Explorer

#2 Post by nickoftime »

My first encounter with Internet Explorer was IE 3 with Windows 3.11 and then Windows 95. That was back when we all had CompuServe accounts in the early-mid 1990s.

In the days of IE5, 5.5, and 6, people made a boatload of money removing viruses off of computers. At that time, it seemed like every hacker on the planet was using IE and 'click bait' (good ol' ActiveX) to deliver viruses on computers. I abandoned IE during the early iterations of Firefox and never looked back.

RIP Internet Explorer... you lived a challenging, yet problematic life.

webfork

Re: RIP Internet Explorer

#3 Post by webfork »

nickoftime wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:30 am In the days of IE5, 5.5, and 6, people made a boatload of money removing viruses off of computers. At that time, it seemed like every hacker on the planet was using IE and 'click bait' (good ol' ActiveX) to deliver viruses on computers. I abandoned IE during the early iterations of Firefox and never looked back.
I will say that my own efforts against IE pulled me into the freeware orbit that included Firefox and other programs here. I still remember thinking how much easier it would be to have all my fixit tools fixing IE chaos on a portable drive. :)