CUETools - lossless audio/CUE sheet form tools

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
giulia

Re: Exact Audio Copy

#16 Post by giulia » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:54 pm

TP109 wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:34 pm
giulia wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:35 am
is there even a config for CUETools
There isn't an example config file for CueTools on the yaP site. However, CueTools is listed in the TPFC database, and according to the entry, it writes some files to AppData. Although I've never used CueTools, I do have it installed and took a quick look in AppData and saw there is a "Cue Tools" folder listed (Note the space in 'Cue Tools"). If that is the only folder it writes to, then configuring a yaP launcher is as simple as:

1. Extract yaP.zip to folder of choice (e.g. CueTools_yaP)
2. Move or copy extracted contents of CueTools to the App folder in CueTools_yaP
3. Rename yaP.exe and yaP.ini files (e.g. CueTools_yaP.exe and CueTools_yaP.ini for the 32-bit version of yaP)
4. Open CueTools_yaP.ini and insert or revise the below lines and save
5. Launch CueTools_yap.exe

[GENERAL]

Code: Select all

application = App\CueTools.exe
[BEFORE]

dir = %Appdata%\Cue Tools
CueTools' settings will be saved to the "Settings" subdirectory in CueTools_yaP. Any previous files in AppData\Cue Tools will be preserved.
hi
i guess cuetools can rename a bunch of files
but the your config works!
why 32bit ? the program is 64bit (cuetools)
thanks a lot and again happy New Year :D

TP109

Re: Exact Audio Copy

#17 Post by TP109 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:29 am

giulia wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:54 pm
why 32bit ? the program is 64bit (cuetools)
Hi,

After your question I looked at CueTools again and it appears that it's both 32 and 64 bit. Since there is only one executable, CueTools.exe, it looks like the application detects and executes in 32 or 64 bit mode depending on the system. I assumed it was a 32-bit program since I was going by the database entry, it runs on my 32-bit XP system, and I didn't see a separate 64-bit executable. As you know, 32-bit programs also run on 64-bit systems, but not the other way around, so recommending a 32-bit config was a safe bet that it would work regardless of system. The yaPX64.exe launcher is used for launching 64-bit programs that have a separate executable with a different name (e.g., *CueTools64.exe). Anyway, to use the 64-bit yap launcher, you could rename it to the same name as the current yaP launcher, but be sure to revise the current launcher's name first since two files with the same name can't exist in the same folder. However, changing to the 64-bit launcher shouldn't make any difference since whether the application runs in 32 or 64-bit mode isn't determined by yaP anyway.

If curious you may want to play around with things. It may be possible to run both launchers using different names (e.g., CueTools_yaP.exe and *CueTools_yaP64.exe), but I can't confirm that since I'm using a 32-bit system. I know that the 64-bit yaP launcher, yap64.exe, is a 64-bit file because I can't launch it on my system. Something to check is to run the yaP64.exe and see if it generates a separate ini file with a different name than the original ini config file (before it was changed to CueTools_yaP.ini). If so, then it's possible to have a 32-bit launcher and the 64-bit launcher with separate ini config files. Then again, it's more likely that the both launchers are programmed to use the same ini config file, switching to 32 or 64 bit depending on the config file entry and the system itself. If that's the case, there isn't any need to change anything unless one wants to use a 64-bit launcher - just because it's possible.

There's been changes, bug fixes and added features over time for yaP, some of which I wasn't aware of. Below are a couple of noteworthy ones for launching applications:

For apps that include 32 and 64-bit executables, the config file entry would look like the below:

[GENERAL]

application = App\CueTools.exe :: App\*CueTools64.exe 
You could even use relative paths:

application = App\CueTools.exe :: ..\Some Folder\*CueTools64.exe 
On a 64bit OS yaP automatically launches the application set in the second segment (if available)

Also, I wasn't aware that yaP is able to launch programs from an existing location such as from Program Files. That could come in handy when running installed apps on another machine without a trace.

application = %ProgramFiles%\App.exe :: %ProgramFiles%\AppX64.exe
*CueTools_yaP64.exe doesn't exist, it's used here for example purposes

Midas

Re: CueTools

#18 Post by Midas » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:07 am

CueTools is a DotNET program (v2.0 up to CueTools v2.1.6: see http://cue.tools/wiki/CUETools_Download) and as such is able to detect the underlying Windows bitness and adjust itself to it.

Regarding yaP, there's no need to run the 64-bit launcher for 64-bit apps, the 32-bit version can do that alright -- in fact, the only time I use 64-bit yaP on my 64-bit Windows 7 is when portabilizing 64-bit-only programs.

Lastly, let me note that although marked as beta, CueTools v2.1.7 has some important improvements and has been completely reliable in my experience -- I just digitized a 100+ CD jazz collection with it and I have still to find any issues. Be forewarned though that the DotNET requirement was upped to v4.0 (which is the default in current day Windows).

Midas

Re: CUETools - lossless audio/CUE sheet form tools

#19 Post by Midas » Wed May 05, 2021 10:38 am

CueTools v2.1.9 released (changelog and download at https://github.com/gchudov/cuetools.net/releases/).

CUETools 2.1.9 Changelog
- Codecs: Update WavPack to 5.4.0
- Update Russian translation
- EACPlugin: Add Newtonsoft.Json.dll
- Allow three dots at the end of album titles
- Update UnRAR DLLs to version 6.01
- Fix C2 error mode for selected drives (LG GH24NSD1, ASUS DRW-24D5MT)
- Codecs: Update libmp3lame plugin dlls to 3.100
- Codecs: Update libFLAC to 1.3.3 git 27c6157.
  This fixes an issue with compression efficiency, depending on CPU type.
- CUERipper: Add access key shortcuts, update TabIndex
- CUETools: Add and update access key shortcuts
- CUETools: Add tooltips to frmChoice buttons