RoboIntern [DotNET Task Scheduler]

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
SYSTEM

Re: RoboIntern [DotNET Task Scheduler]

#16 Post by SYSTEM »

Midas wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:50 am
webfork wrote:I've never seen that COMSPEC function before or understood it as necessary. I've always liked how straightforward Windows batch files are -- what a weird addition.

Not trying to be pedantic, but %COMSPEC% is a system variable* that always points to CMD.exe. As different systems go, I have found it is a useful trick to ensure that batches won't choke on non-standard Windows setups. Plus, it avoids pointless typing. ;)

*) You can check for more by running SET without parameters in a CLI...
On Windows 9x, COMSPEC was command.com. The main reason it was created was ability to create batch files which work both on Windows 9x and Windows NT. These days Microsoft mostly keeps it around for backwards compatibility.

I'd just write cmd.exe directly instead.
My YouTube channel | Release date of my 13th playlist: August 24, 2020

Midas

#17 Post by Midas »

@SYSTEM: is there any reason for that beyond personal preference?

SYSTEM

#18 Post by SYSTEM »

Midas wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:12 am @SYSTEM: is there any reason for that beyond personal preference?
Not really.
My YouTube channel | Release date of my 13th playlist: August 24, 2020

webfork

#19 Post by webfork »

Update: Version 1.4 has listed that it now covers mouse and keyboard actions, making it a possible replacement for some less complex macro tools.

https://robointern.tech/release-log.html

Unfortunately in testing on my Win10 machine, the process crashed mid-record. Hopefully that gets resolved.

Resources: 10 meg download, 44 megs uncompressed