ASuite - application launcher

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
El Salvador

#91 Post by El Salvador »

ASuite doesn't always seem to detect the themes, I've spent well over an hour trying to figure out why, even comparing one copy of Asuite with another and couldn't find the problem or a difference. What I did find was that moving the one of the themes out of the folder to somewhere else on the hard drive and then copying (not moving) it back resolved the problem every time. It's almost as if Delphi is looking for the folder in a different way to explorer and only detecting it's there if its changed on a system level! I even tried altering folder creation and modified dates to see if that helped and had no luck.
Other day, I resolved a update problem in default menu. Sometimes, the menu didn't updated itself. So if you change theme, default menu uses old theme. If you execute software, mru treeview stays unchanged. Etc...
I've updated the theme (v1.1) and uploaded it to the same location as before (Download Here), apart from the divider modification I've also changed the 24x24 pixel A-Suite Icon and included an improved default "head" image (PersonalPicture.jpg) as shown in the picture below.
Great work. :)
Also I assume the default head is built in to the executable, if no custom head has been selected perhaps allowing ASuite to use the themes head image would be good?
Yes, I just add it.

chanti

theme and background

#92 Post by chanti »

the default theme is ok, but i would like to add a more personalized one and don't know how to have it work from start. idem for buttons and personal pic!
I have been using the default version but want to be bold...
Thousands thanks to El Salvador, no need to have a shell for portable apps, that's great!

Gabor

Blacksuite theme

#93 Post by Gabor »

Hi!

I have an another ASuite v1.5b theme created, called Blacksuite.
A bit like a Vista skin....

Download from here:
Freedrive

Enjoy it! :D

El Salvador

#94 Post by El Salvador »

Nice theme, gabor. Can I include it in ASuite with default theme?
ASuite doesn't always seem to detect the themes, I've spent well over an hour trying to figure out why, even comparing one copy of Asuite with another and couldn't find the problem or a difference. What I did find was that moving the one of the themes out of the folder to somewhere else on the hard drive and then copying (not moving) it back resolved the problem every time. It's almost as if Delphi is looking for the folder in a different way to explorer and only detecting it's there if its changed on a system level! I even tried altering folder creation and modified dates to see if that helped and had no luck.
Other day, I resolved a update problem in default menu. Sometimes, the menu didn't updated itself. So if you change theme, default menu uses old theme. If you execute software, mru treeview stays unchanged. Etc...
Incorrect, it is another bug and I just found and fix it. :)

Your theme folder may has Archive attribute (in explorer, file property, attribute advanced...) and ASuite can't seem detect it.

Workaround for now (looking forward to next asuite version): remove archive attribute from folder.

Gabor

#95 Post by Gabor »

El Salvador wrote:Nice theme, gabor. Can I include it in ASuite with default theme?
Yepp, that would be nice! Thanx! :)

uksamo

#96 Post by uksamo »

El Salvador wrote:Nice theme, gabor. Can I include it in ASuite with default theme?
Incorrect, it is another bug and I just found and fix it. :)

Your theme folder may has Archive attribute (in explorer, file property, attribute advanced...) and ASuite can't seem detect it.

Workaround for now (looking forward to next asuite version): remove archive attribute from folder.
Good work ;-) I've since had the problem on another PC and my previously mentioned fix didn't work, in the end I changed the xml file in notepad. Glad to see you've found the problem.

Local

#97 Post by Local »

I like the new look for this but it's killed my background picture.
Can we not have a start menu and a background on the main screen?
Every time I start up I have to untick and tick "active background" to get my pic back.

Thanks for all of your great work on this El Salvador.

uksamo

#98 Post by uksamo »

Hi Local, are you referring to the active background picture within the ASuite's window or your Desktop background?

Local

#99 Post by Local »

Thanks for the reply Uksamo, I was talking about the active background.
I tried it, after I posted, with the classic menu and I still had the same problem.
It's absolutely fine with version 1.4.

Could me using an old Xml file be the cause as noone else seems to have had this problem?
I'll try starting fresh and post back.

It took ages to make my file list too =(

bassiliin

#100 Post by bassiliin »

hi, i'm trying to use 1.5 beta version of asuite. is there any special tricks what must do before to use scanning for programs? it works only if i select the folder where program.exe is located. but when i go upwards where are many program folders (ie d:\portable programs\) then it creates only group name "portable programs" and thats it. no programs itself in it. scanning in subfolder selection is enabled. does someone have similar problem?

joby_toss

#101 Post by joby_toss »

Sad to say there is no special trick... It does not work for me either.
Maybe the bug fixed in v1.3b2 (ID 1553503) made a comeback? Or something close to that? I didn't notice this before but i can confirm it. (win xp home sp2 on hp nx6125 laptop).

El Salvador

#102 Post by El Salvador »

does someone have similar problem?
Yes, it doesn't work me neither: it is a bug. Found and fix it. Thank you. :wink:
Maybe the bug fixed in v1.3b2 (ID 1553503) made a comeback? Or something close to that?
No, it is another bug. This time, ASuite seems scan only top folder and it doesn't reach subfolders (although it enabled).

This bug is present in only ASuite 1.5 Beta and ASuite 1.4 Alpha 2.

@Local: Options enabled/disabled?

Local

#103 Post by Local »

Nice post Sleep, wish I'd thought to say that that.
and you can quote me on that :wink:

El Salvador

#104 Post by El Salvador »

I haven't problems with background on my computer. Options enabled/disabled? Some other info?

bassiliin

#105 Post by bassiliin »

so when could we get next release of this app where this subdirectory scan is fixed?