Blender - open source 3D creation

Submit updates of portable freeware that are already listed in the database.
webfork

Re: XBlender V2.49b Rev 8

#16 Post by webfork »

webfork wrote:
JohnTHaller wrote:
webfork wrote:Found a topic on Blender's website about native portability in response to an issue with the non-beta PA version. Its from 2009 an may not reflect the program's internal workings anymore.
Blender is natively portable using this method, so you can change the entry to be native as the primary with Blender Portable and X-Blender listed as alternatives. We also updated our launcher and handler to support the official methods once the new version of Blender wasn't in beta anymore as they did change it from 2.4x to 2.5x.
Thanks John. I'll update to the native entry format hopefully in the next few days.
Took me more than a few days but the entry is updated to the natively portable version. Thanks again to John Haller for checking native portability.

webfork

Blender 2.60a

#17 Post by webfork »

2.60a is up
http://www.blender.org/download/get-blender/

Changes:
· 3D window: Armature-bones with wire draw type were not displaying in solid view mode
· 3D window header: After collapsing the pull-down menus, no icon available to make them show again.
· Dopesheet: Fixed crash when moving keys in editor
· Audio export: 7.1 export was being miscalculated
· Game Engine: Action actuator breaks animation. IPO options can be set too frequently
· D Window: missing updates when changing smoke flow settings
· Node editor: missing updates when assigning/removing Materials on Objects
· Adding a new pose to the Pose Library crashed
· Fix for un-handled exception in audio library
· Incorrect keying set names 'Scale' vs 'Scaling', where 'Scale' was hard coded in auto keyframe when 'Only Insert Needed'
· Python: RNA/API, getting Event.ascii would crash
· Addons / Exporter: Quake MAP export gives an error for UV textured geometry

duarte.framos

Re: Blender - open source 3D creation

#18 Post by duarte.framos »

How do you suggest edits to an app page, should I post them here?

The link for "how to extract" seems to be broken, and no longer exists for Blender. May I suggest linking to https://blender.stackexchange.com/a/78128/19307 instead? (Disclaimer I am the author of the post).

Also can we submit new screenshot images for the app page? The one currently up is probably almost 10 years old, and no longer matches current state

duarte.framos

#19 Post by duarte.framos »

Here is a suggestion for a new image
BSE_Blender.gif

Specular

#20 Post by Specular »

duarte.framos wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 3:15 pmAlso can we submit new screenshot images for the app page?
On the left side of entries, below the program icon image, there will be an 'Edit this entry' link that becomes visible when logged in. From there the screenshot and everything else can be updated.

Edit: while writing this post it appears Andrew updated the entry :D

Andrew Lee

#21 Post by Andrew Lee »

duarte.framos wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 3:15 pm How do you suggest edits to an app page, should I post them here?

The link for "how to extract" seems to be broken, and no longer exists for Blender. May I suggest linking to https://blender.stackexchange.com/a/78128/19307 instead? (Disclaimer I am the author of the post).

Also can we submit new screenshot images for the app page? The one currently up is probably almost 10 years old, and no longer matches current state
I have edited the "How to extract" section, and updated the screenshot as you suggested. Thanks!

To edit a database entry directly, you need to have a non-zero user rank. Read this post for more info.

duarte.framos

#22 Post by duarte.framos »

Specular wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:11 pm On the left side of entries, below the program icon image, there will be an 'Edit this entry' link that becomes visible when logged in. From there the screenshot and everything else can be updated.
Ah I see, I've been lurking for a while, but I only just registered my account so I don't have enough rank yet. Thanks for the info
Andrew Lee wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:14 pm I have edited the "How to extract" section, and updated the screenshot as you suggested. Thanks!
To edit a database entry directly, you need to have a non-zero user rank. Read this post for more info.
Neat, much nicer, thanks for the update.

The uploaded image is an animated GIF showing various workspaces. You probably didn't notice because you have to click on it to see here in the forum.
I believe I've seen apps with animated images before, if GIFs are undesirable I can also post in mp4 format, which saves some bandwidth.

EDIT: I see some use aPNG as well

Andrew Lee

#23 Post by Andrew Lee »

duarte.framos wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:36 am The uploaded image is an animated GIF showing various workspaces. You probably didn't notice because you have to click on it to see here in the forum.
I believe I've seen apps with animated images before, if GIFs are undesirable I can also post in mp4 format, which saves some bandwidth.
Ah, my apologies! Animated GIFs or PNGs are fine, I don't believe we currently support mp4.

I have updated the screenshot with the animated one.

Thanks!

duarte.framos

#24 Post by duarte.framos »

Looks great thanks for the update