TrueCrypt 6.0

Submit updates of portable freeware that are already listed in the database.
portackager

TrueCrypt 6.0

#1 Post by portackager »

Released: July 4, 2008

Download: http://www.truecrypt.org
Release History: http://www.truecrypt.org/docs/version-history.php

portackager

#2 Post by portackager »

Hmm.. It's been added to the database but has been suggested by "Christer Alldén" on the 6th.

Are portable freeware updates better suited through email? :?

ashghost

#3 Post by ashghost »

The "suggested by" credit is to the original submitter, not the update submitter. :)

portackager

#4 Post by portackager »

Oh well, in that case. Perfectly fine with me :lol:

chezduong

Version 6.0a

#5 Post by chezduong »

Version 6.0a is out. I have been using it for about 10 minutes now, and it does not seem to create the TC folder in %appdata% anymore. Can anyone check?

pipetman

#6 Post by pipetman »

Posted this question in the comment section for TC, but I guess not too many people will see it there. So, here it goes again...

I was wondering, what is actually the difference in just extracting TrueCrypt from the install file vs. running it in traveler mode?

Traveler mode is not stealth as stated on the TC website and also requires previous installation of a system driver. So why not run from the plain extracted files to begin with?

chezduong

No difference

#7 Post by chezduong »

In terms of the files themselves, there is no difference. It just copies the files over to the traveler mode directory. There might be something in the process that creates a configuration.xml file in the installation directory, but I have not been able to see the difference between the two.