SFXMaker 1.3 Final is out

Submit updates of portable freeware that are already listed in the database.
GeddichNixan

SFXMaker 1.3 Final is out

#1 Post by GeddichNixan »

According to the website a new final of SFXMaker (1.3) was released on April 18th.

http://www.isoft-online.com/

As I tried the new version it refused to start on a limited account (WinXP SP2). This was something new compared to the previous final (1.2.1). Can anyone confirm it?

SYSTEM

Re: SFXMaker 1.3 Final is out

#2 Post by SYSTEM »

GeddichNixan wrote:According to the website a new final of SFXMaker (1.3) was released on April 18th.

http://www.isoft-online.com/
You're right. I missed that version because it's not mentioned on the changelog page.
GeddichNixan wrote: As I tried the new version it refused to start on a limited account (WinXP SP2). This was something new compared to the previous final (1.2.1). Can anyone confirm it?
On my system (64-bit Windows 7 SP1) SFXMaker 1.3 requires elevation (i.e. admin rights). :(

To me, additional portability is more important than the improvements in the new version. I have edited the entry by adding a note about this and changing the download link to point pernamently to version 1.2.1.
My YouTube channel | Release date of my 13th playlist: August 24, 2020

GeddichNixan

Re: SFXMaker 1.3 Final is out

#3 Post by GeddichNixan »

Thanks for your reply. I agree, that a higher level of portability (i.e. no requirement of admin rights) is more important than potential improvements in a new version. (Well, if there are some "revolutionary" improvements I may change my point of view.) Anyway, the 1.2.1 version works fine for me in the few cases when I need it, so I decided to stick with it. Unfortunately I couldn't find any contact address of the author on the homepage so I could not write him about this issue.

IMHO there is no need for the admin rights requirement, I do not know why and how it came to this change. Strange. (Of course I may have overlooked something.)

P.S. Finally I did find a contact address (it is admin@.... - what a surprise, I could have thought it myself) and contacted the author.