Index Your Files 5.0.2.6

Submit updates of portable freeware that are already listed in the database.
Rafael Castro

Index Your Files 5.0.2.6

#1 Post by Rafael Castro »

15 December 2010 - v5.0.2.6
* Fixed - Small text (tntpnl38) in the search panel (Windows 7)
+ Added - Polish language

Note: Working an a major update with many improvements.

Rafael Castro

Index Your Files 2021 - Beta 01

#2 Post by Rafael Castro »

IYF for Linux, Windows or Mac.
Index Your Files is a portable, cross-platform utility that can index, import, export, save, and search folder/file information.

Index Your Files works by creating individual databases for an individual/computer. You can also create databases for the whole network allowing you to know the location of the information you need efficiently. It has access to folders and files on every network computer as long as it is powered on. But even if the machine is off, you can still access file names.

It can index Windows, Linux or Mac Disk, CD, Networks, etc., regardless of whether it is NTFS, FAT32, FAT16, EXT4, etc., as it indexes everything recognizable to the OS.

Rafael Castro

Re: Index Your Files 5.0.2.6

#3 Post by Rafael Castro »

Hello
After 10 years without any sign of life, Index Your Files is working again to make our life easier. This new version is completely written from scratch in Lazarus ( Pascal ) and gave me the possibility to make it work on Windows Linux and Mac. Comment that from 2001 to 2010 IYF was Freeware but after 10 years now IYF is DonationWare or whatever you want to call it. The software is fully functional but every x minutes you get a window asking you to make a donation.

This version is finished and now I'm working to make it work on Android and Iphone.

I hope you understand that making a software that works in 3 or 4 operating systems is not easy and it takes me time.

ah, the program is called IYF ( Index Your Files 2022 ) and you can try it from www.indexyourfiles.com. There is a video explaining its features.

Best regards to the community and have a nice day !

Midas

#4 Post by Midas »

Rafael Castro wrote: Now IYF is DonationWare or whatever you want to call it. The software is fully functional but every x minutes you get a window asking you to make a donation.

Not meaning to diss your work -- thanks for sharing! -- but I for one would call that nagware... :|

webfork

#5 Post by webfork »

Midas wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 4:44 am I for one would call that nagware
Oh yeah I forgot about that -- does this still prompt for a donation/purchase after it's used awhile?

Rafael Castro

#6 Post by Rafael Castro »

IYF 2022 never expires, but a small window appears from time to time (it is random). I prefer that the user can always use it without any limitation than giving it 30 days or it is capped somewhere. :|