Windows XP, Vista, etc Compatible Software at PortableApps.com

Share interesting information or links related to portable apps here.
JohnTHaller

Windows XP, Vista, etc Compatible Software at PortableApps.com

#1 Post by JohnTHaller »

I've been working on ensuring that links to legacy versions of our apps at PortableApps.com are available for a bit. After reading through a bit of the XP compatible software topic and the recent What does your XP looks like in 2022? topic, I thought I'd consolidate it a bit more and formalize it. I created a Windows XP/Vista Compatible App Versions, Adding To The App Directory topic over in the PA.c forums to track it. I've added a new entry in our listings to link to legacy builds for our apps setup in a way that they install alongside the current versions (ex: HexChatPortableLegacyWinXP) and won't be affected by the PA.c Platform's updater. If there's a PA.c Format app that's missing or an app where we released it after XP/Vista were dropped and you'd like a build of it, drop a post in our forum topic or here and I'll add it to the list to get it put together for interested folks. If there's enough interest, I may put together a legacy PA.c Suite and/or add it to our app store.
Last edited by JohnTHaller on Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
PortableApps.com - The open standard for portable software | Support Net Neutrality

h3kt0r

Re: Windows XP, Vista, etc Compatible Software at PortableApps.com

#2 Post by h3kt0r »

Thanks a bunch for that. This is glorious !

Midas

#3 Post by Midas »

Cool! 8)

nickoftime

#4 Post by nickoftime »

Great idea and nice work, John!