text-utils.com - web-based text processing utilities

Share interesting information or links related to portable apps here.
gmartins

text-utils.com - web-based text processing utilities

#1 Post by gmartins »

Hi, just wanted to share a project I have since 2014 which is composed of multiple text & web utilities for some daily activities.

You will find tools for formatting source code, converters, tools for handling text, such as remove duplicate characters, empty lines, text sorter and many others.
  • JSON Formatter - This tool can be used to convert JSON to one line or format it using a specified level of indentation.
  • SQL Formatter - Similar to the JSON formatter, this can be used to format SQL statements.
  • Remove accents - This tool can be used to clean up text accents by removing the diacritical marks from it.
There are many other tools including additional formatters, converters and web tools. But in case you're looking to extract some data from text, we have a special section for this:
  • E-mail Extractor - This tool can be used to easily extract e-mails from any text type (CSV, HTML, JSON).
  • Number Extractor - The Online Number Extractor can be used to extract numbers from text.
  • IPv4 Extractor - This tool can be used to easily extract IPv4 addresses from any text type (CSV, HTML, JSON).
  • Hashtag Extractor -The Online Hastagh Extractor can be used to extract hashtags from text.
Actually, by navigating the website you will find much more. Thanks for the opportunity for sharing this and in case you have any suggestions, I'm available.

Regards,
Martins

webfork

Re: Text processing utilities

#2 Post by webfork »

I'd encourage you to keep adding to the available regex options. The lack of consistent syntax across tools and operating systems means that a site like this would be very useful. Especially if it involves even basic Javascript / Perl / Python functionality described all over StackExchange articles about regex codes.

gmartins

#3 Post by gmartins »

webfork wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 6:19 pm I'd encourage you to keep adding to the available regex options. The lack of consistent syntax across tools and operating systems means that a site like this would be very useful. Especially if it involves even basic Javascript / Perl / Python functionality described all over StackExchange articles about regex codes.
Hey webfork, thanks for your feedback.

Yeah, Regex is one of my areas of interest, so I will definitely keep expanding it as I find other common use cases. If you have anything in mind, just let me know and I will be happy to add it.

Regards,
Martins

webfork

#4 Post by webfork »

gmartins wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 1:59 am Yeah, Regex is one of my areas of interest, so I will definitely keep expanding it as I find other common use cases. If you have anything in mind, just let me know and I will be happy to add it.
Oh man, so many suggestions here. I could go on for days.

* Processing acronyms, creating abbreviations (take the first letter of each word sequence),
* Grab all dates in a given format (e.g. YYYY-MM-DD),
* Replace all numbers with their letter version (10 becomes ten),
* International phone numbers [something like \d{3}-\d{8}|\d{4}-\d{7,8} ]
* Pull out email addresses [use something like \b[A-Z0-9._%+-]+@[A-Z0-9.-]+\.[A-Z]{2,}\b ]
* Increase/decrease up all numbers present by 1, 2, 10, etc.
* Grab hyphenated words, CamelCase words, Title Case words ([A-Z][a-z]\b [A-Z]), ALL CAPS
* Grab duplicate words/phrases
* Long words
* Hex codes [\x41-\x45] (above 4 characters): Hex codes [\x41-\x45]{4}
* Long words: [a-z]{12,}

So yeah that's a few I can imagine being useful. Go crazy with it. :)

gmartins

#5 Post by gmartins »

webfork wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 8:44 am
gmartins wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 1:59 am Yeah, Regex is one of my areas of interest, so I will definitely keep expanding it as I find other common use cases. If you have anything in mind, just let me know and I will be happy to add it.
Oh man, so many suggestions here. I could go on for days.

* Processing acronyms, creating abbreviations (take the first letter of each word sequence),
* Grab all dates in a given format (e.g. YYYY-MM-DD),
* Replace all numbers with their letter version (10 becomes ten),
* International phone numbers [something like \d{3}-\d{8}|\d{4}-\d{7,8} ]
* Pull out email addresses [use something like \b[A-Z0-9._%+-]+@[A-Z0-9.-]+\.[A-Z]{2,}\b ]
* Increase/decrease up all numbers present by 1, 2, 10, etc.
* Grab hyphenated words, CamelCase words, Title Case words ([A-Z][a-z]\b [A-Z]), ALL CAPS
* Grab duplicate words/phrases
* Long words
* Hex codes [\x41-\x45] (above 4 characters): Hex codes [\x41-\x45]{4}
* Long words: [a-z]{12,}

So yeah that's a few I can imagine being useful. Go crazy with it. :)

Oh, thanks so much for the suggestions. I will definitely explore these ideas!