pyIDM - download manager

Share interesting information or links related to portable apps here.
billon

pyIDM - download manager

#1 Post by billon »

https://github.com/pyIDM/pyIDM
pyIDM is a python open source (Internet Download Manager) with multi-connections, high speed engine, it downloads general files and videos from youtube and tons of other streaming websites .
Developed in Python, based on "pyCuRL/libcurl", "youtube_dl", and "PySimpleGUI"

[...]

Windows portable version:
Latest Windows portable version available here.
unzip, and run from pyidm.exe, no installation required.

Not tested

webfork

Re: pyIDM - download manager

#2 Post by webfork »

I definitely was thinking the interface looked odd and that there wasn't much here, and then I saw the quality select and "play while downloading." Very nice.

webfork

#3 Post by webfork »

Ran a test on this today, had a program crash when I tried to select a playlist. Has anyone figured out how to do batch downloads?

Marc

#4 Post by Marc »

webfork wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:25 pm Ran a test on this today, had a program crash when I tried to select a playlist. Has anyone figured out how to do batch downloads?
for me it worked setting max concurrent downloads to only one at a time, do note there is a newer version as well wich fixes a bug in the playlist download process

mark5WB

#5 Post by mark5WB »

I would add more settings as well, especially about user interface. It's not important, but it's always better to let users make something they can do by themselves. Of course, you can always ask professional technicians from IT agencies, like this one ( https://sphereit.uk/managed-it-services-london/ ), because they have a lot of solutions and resources to solve any tech problem, but it's not always necessary.