qSnap - Screen Capture, Screen Shot, Annotation [discontinued]

Share interesting information or links related to portable apps here.
Tommy1212

qSnap - Screen Capture, Screen Shot, Annotation [discontinued]

#1 Post by Tommy1212 »

I submit this extension for review of more advanced users:

Product: qSnap (http://qsnapnet.com/)

Category: Graphics - Screen Capture

Publisher: QASymphony (site: http://www.qasymphony.com/)

System Requirements: XP/Vista/7/8

Version: 1.4.1.0

Writes settings to: Not sure.

Dependencies: None (not sure)

Stealth: Yes

License: Freeware

Description: qSnap is the free screen capture extension available for many popular browsers and useful for everyone, especially testers and developers. Whether you prefer Chrome, Firefox or Opera, you can try using qSnap. You can capture either visible screen or full screen and automatically have multiple captures consolidated into a single, lightweight document.
qSnap is available to you to easily capture one or multiple screen images and then add annotations on your images. Your screenshots can be stored in the free hosting service called qSnapshare. Then, your snapshots can be reviewed, shared or printed.

How to install:
  • For Safari: qSnap [279KB]
Thanks for your time and help.

webfork

Re: qSnap 1.4.1.0 - Screen Capture, Screen Shot, Annotation

#2 Post by webfork »

Thanks for the post, but we generally don't currently do entries for browser plugins. This is both because other sites do plugins a lot better and because they're frequently not portable (saving to AppData).

I say currently because I have a feeling at some point that will change, but for right now that's the site's policy. If qSnap starts putting out a non-browser dependant (self-contained) program we could add it.

---

Edit: this post previously cut off at "program". Sorry about that.

freakazoid

#3 Post by freakazoid »

I like it! Thanks for recommending, Tommy1212.

One thing I would like to see is if the filename automatically used the timestamp like in other popular screenshot apps like Faststone Capture.

Other than that minor quibble, I love the UI and it barely uses any memory usage while it's inactive. (I'm using it in Firefox currently.)
is it stealth? ;)

Tommy1212

#4 Post by Tommy1212 »

webfork wrote:Thanks for the post, but we generally don't currently do entries for browser plugins. This is both because other sites do plugins a lot better and because they're frequently not portable (saving to AppData).

I say currently because I have a feeling at some point that will change, but for right now that's the site's policy. If qSnap starts putting out a non-browser dependant (self-contained) program we could add it.

---

Edit: this post previously cut off at "program". Sorry about that.
Ok I got it, webfork. Thanks for your information. :)
freakazoid wrote:I like it! Thanks for recommending, Tommy1212.

One thing I would like to see is if the filename automatically used the timestamp like in other popular screenshot apps like Faststone Capture.

Other than that minor quibble, I love the UI and it barely uses any memory usage while it's inactive. (I'm using it in Firefox currently.)
Hi freakazoid,

I'm glad to hear you like it. FYI, the filename is the title of the page captured as illustrated below:

Please notice that each folder contains all your snapshots from the same page regardless of their taken date.

Hope it helps.

webfork

Re: qSnap - Screen Capture, Screen Shot, Annotation

#5 Post by webfork »

Update: the project owners appear to have stepped away from this one back in 2015. Current site is on https://sourceforge.net/projects/qsnap/