ADATA freeware for USB drives

Share interesting information or links related to portable apps here.
Midas

ADATA freeware for USB drives

#1 Post by Midas »

webfork wrote:
  • Android devices (phones and tablets) now effectively have USB ports. Anticipating that, I bought one of these.

Patriot is a high profile flash drive brand but, funnily enough, I had just bought today some dirt cheap (16GB/EUR 15) similar device from adata -- after hesitating a little, because there was also a slightly more expensive USB 3.0 enabled Qilive Q.8908 (no info found on the Web, Qilive is just Auchan Supermarkets' house brand for tech).

BTW, this lead me to some interesting freeware adata made available for download (email address required):

EDIT: Upon further testing, I concluded these only work on adata drives... :oops:
  • OStoGO (http://www.adata.com/index.php?action=s ... software_1)
    OStoGO assists you to convert Microsoft Windows Vista/7 Setup DVD to your USB Storage Device (e.g. USB Flash Drive, External USB Hard Drive, or SSD with USB port). Then you can install Microsoft O.S. via USB Booting instead of DVD Booting. OStoGO is an alternative solution to install OS for PCs and laptops without optical drives.
I didn't test for portability, but found they can be readily (Uni)extracted (they're 7zip installers). Features shared by HDDtoGO and UFDtoGO:

webfork

Re: Which is more non portable ?

#2 Post by webfork »

some interesting freeware adata made available for download
There's loads of good stuff here, but it's a bit of a thread hijack. Mind if I split this off into a separate post?

Midas

Re: Which is more non portable ?

#3 Post by Midas »

webfork wrote:
It's a bit of a thread hijack. Mind if I split this off into a separate post?

Sorry, got carried away. I don't mind at all, especially since I found it to be device specific... 8)

webfork

Re: ADATA freeware for USB drives

#4 Post by webfork »

Old thread update: the URL has moved here: https://www.adata.com/us/ss/software/ ... with some of the available software either being just links to free USB tools or specialized ADATA software. The details are a little vague, but if you own an ADATA device, it might be useful to dig into.