(AppData\Roaming\WinRAR folder is created during IPFilter µpdates)
This assumes you're using uTorrentPortable by PortableApps.com.
1. Download IPFilter µpdater.The IPFilter µpdater is a sophisticated, yet very straight-forward and simple batch script to automatically update your ipfilter (?) for the most bittorrent clients. The initial version was created for µTorrent (hence the symbolic 'µ'-pun). Nowadays, it also supports Halite, BitSpirit, BitTorrent & Vuze.
It uses a standalone version of Wget *, the UnRAR command line executable by Alexander Roshal *, a nice looking icon and is compiled within in a highly compressed self-extracting archive, to simplify the process of installing.
2. Install (extract) into uTorrentPortable\App\uTorrent.
3. A shortcut will be created on the Desktop, move it to desired location.
(if it's missing, simply create a shortcut from uTorrentPortable\App\uTorrent\µpdater.bat.
4. Navigate to: uTorrentPortable\App\AppInfo\Launcher.
5. Open uTorrentPortable.ini in Notepad or any editor.
Code: Select all
View screenshot for further assistance.
7. Launch IPFilter µpdater, it will update then close.
8. Now launch uTorrentPortable, and ensure it says "Loaded ipfilter.dat" under Logger tab. (view screenshot)
9. Also ensure ipfilter.enable is set to "true", which is the default settings. (view screenshot)
10. That's it..
NOTE: this should NOT be your only solution for privacy. I recommend using multiple security measures. PeerBlockPortable is also highly recommended.