creating multiple cleaner with script, worth the effort?

Ask other users about problems encountered with portable apps or help by posting solutions to existing problems.
stanmarsh

creating multiple cleaner with script, worth the effort?

#1 Post by stanmarsh »

hello tpfc!

i've been thinking of creating a simple script using bat or ahk, to run multiple cleaners at once, (e.g. ccleaner, atf, bleachbit, cookie monster) but is it worth the effort? or just stick to one.

thanks

webfork

Re: creating multiple cleaner with script, worth the effort?

#2 Post by webfork »

stanmarsh wrote:i've been thinking of creating a simple script using bat or ahk, to run multiple cleaners at once, (e.g. ccleaner, atf, bleachbit, cookie monster) but is it worth the effort? or just stick to one.
I've noticed consistently that CCleaner, PureRA and BleachBit all get a little that the other's don't. So yes, that would probably find some uses.

I'm a big fan of BleachBit so if you're just looking for a better, cleaner system, I'd try working with those folks. I can't attest to the idea that they're a really great community, but is openly developed.

guinness

#3 Post by guinness »

Another point is you can add to winapp2.ini - http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?sho ... t&p=175835 to delete extra "junk" and winapp2.ini works in Bleachbit!!

Magibon

#4 Post by Magibon »

guinness wrote:Another point is you can add to winapp2.ini - http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?sho ... t&p=175835 to delete extra "junk" and winapp2.ini works in Bleachbit!!
yea.. i stick with CCleaner.. it does everything i need... especially for folders/files that regenerate.
Also.. if you're not a fan of winappi.ini, you can go into "Options" > "Include" and use CCleaner's GUI.

The only option i wish CCleaner was better at is the Registry Cleaner/Optimizer.
Currently, i am using another program for Registry Cleaning/Optimizations.

stanmarsh

#5 Post by stanmarsh »

thanks all! i will try the ccleaner w inappi

carbonize

#6 Post by carbonize »

Also the main issue with just using a cleaner via the cli is that it will usually run it's defaults which is to clean everything which would mean all your cookies, internet history and anything else you may want to keep.

guinness

#7 Post by guinness »

winapp2.ini appears to be migrating some entries to winsys2.ini. Check out the original post under the heading *NEW*. It's also worth checking out the 'Trim' batch file that can trim down the winapp2.ini entries to your machine's requirements to increase the loading of CCleaner, if it's a problem.