HTML List Links Not Working

Ask other users about problems encountered with portable apps or help by posting solutions to existing problems.
gbensonii

HTML List Links Not Working

#1 Post by gbensonii »

Great program!! Thanks for all the effort!! I did find one issue that I thought you would want to know about. When you use the send to List Maker option and click HTML list - it creates a list but the ABSOLUTE LINK column shows an incorrect link. It shows links that look like "a href=file:///D:\Data\Desktop\Garden and Roof\DSC_0001.JPG target=_blankLink/a". I design websites and so I looked at the html code using Notepad++ and found that if the output was changed to "<a href="file:///D:\Data\Desktop\Garden and Roof\DSC_0001.JPG" target=_blankLink</a>" then the link worked correctly. Note that the <a> and </a> attribute needs to have the open and close brackets (IE: <a> instead of just "a" and </a> instead of "/a" and also note that prior to the word file and after .JPG you need a quote marks.

Specular

Re: HTML List Links Not Working

#2 Post by Specular »

I have no idea what program this topic is about but you should contact the developer if there's a bug. Most applications have a site that lists a contact, and if it's open source there's often an issue tracker.

tactictoe

#3 Post by tactictoe »

Are we talking about an HTML editor? What is its name?

publicdomainvic

#4 Post by publicdomainvic »

gbensonii wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:56 am Great program!! Thanks for all the effort!! I did find one issue that I thought you would want to know about. When you use the send to List Maker option and click HTML list - it creates a list but the ABSOLUTE LINK column shows an incorrect link. It shows links that look like "a href=file:///D:\Data\Desktop\Garden and Roof\DSC_0001.JPG target=_blankLink/a". I design websites and so I looked at the html code using Notepad++ and found that if the output was changed to "<a href="file:///D:\Data\Desktop\Garden and Roof\DSC_0001.JPG" target=_blankLink</a>" then the link worked correctly. Note that the <a> and </a> attribute needs to have the open and close brackets (IE: <a> instead of just "a" and </a> instead of "/a" and also note that prior to the word file and after .JPG you need a quote marks.
Hello! Performing substitutions on the resulting file may help:

a href=<a href="
target=> target=
blankLink/ablankLink</a>

:)

Midas

#5 Post by Midas »

tactictoe wrote: Are we talking about an HTML editor? What is its name?
In decoding this 6 year old topic, it may be helpful to note that the only instance of "List Maker" here at TPFC forums is at viewtopic.php?t=21283...

I have no idea whatsoever if that is the program mentioned here. :|

Egertonnn

#6 Post by Egertonnn »

publicdomainvic wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:13 am
gbensonii wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:56 am Great program!! Thanks for all the effort!! I did find one issue that I thought you would want to know about. When you use the send to List Maker option and click HTML list - it creates a list but the ABSOLUTE LINK column shows an incorrect link. It shows links that look like "a href=file:///D:\Data\Desktop\Garden and Roof\DSC_0001.JPG target=_blankLink/a". I develop screen monitoring websites and so I looked at the html code using Notepad++ and found that if the output was changed to "<a href="file:///D:\Data\Desktop\Garden and Roof\DSC_0001.JPG" target=_blankLink</a>" then the link worked correctly. Note that the <a> and </a> attribute needs to have the open and close brackets (IE: <a> instead of just "a" and </a> instead of "/a" and also note that prior to the word file and after .JPG you need a quote marks.
Hello! Performing substitutions on the resulting file may help:

a href=<a href="
target=> target=
blankLink/ablankLink</a>

:)
this helped, thanks!