toast442.org MD5 GUI

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
usdcs

toast442.org MD5 GUI

#1 Post by usdcs »

Here is another MD5 utility that I've been using for quite awhile. It is available here. It consists of a single executable file.

A quick search of my registry didn't turn up any keys referencing toast442. I don't have a clean system to try this on, with RegShot, at the moment. Otherwise I would test it further.

Regards,
Dan

Andrew Lee

#2 Post by Andrew Lee »

I have posted MD5 GUI to the database. Thanks!

Yucca

#3 Post by Yucca »

[Mod note: Posts mentioned here were moved to their own topic, at viewtopic.php?t=24990]

Andrew,

What about my recommendation immediately above for dsMD5 and dsSHA?

Note that they are only 6kb and 7kb, compared to 248kb for MD5 GUI (which is admittedly more feature rich). You have posted other software from the DS publisher, who does create truly portable software. Heck, at 6kb and 7kb it almost has to be portable! :lol:

I know you are backed up with posting to the database (because you just posted PeaZip which I recommended a couple of weeks ago), so there's no need to answer this. I'll just wait to see if it gets posted down the road.

-- Yucca

Fluffy

#4 Post by Fluffy »

Yucca - I just took a look at these apps and I'm not sure if they fit the criteria of TPFC since they don't have a true GUI, just drag-and-drop over the application icon support. They both seem aimed more at CLI usage. It's Andrew's call though, since they don't have any settings to write and could easily be used portably.

Andrew Lee

#5 Post by Andrew Lee »

I have posted such apps before, though rarely.

The only one I can remember is MicroWav.

I am sure some people will be interested in tiny, single-purpose apps of this nature. For me, I'd rather type "md5sum" straight at the command prompt. :D

Don't worry. I will get to them in due course. Thanks for your patience.

Midas

Re: toast442.org MD5 GUI

#6 Post by Midas »

Very old topic update: Toast442.org MD5 GUI v0.99g still available from the homepage at https://toast442.org/st_md5/.

No changelog, but source is available under the GPL.

Please note that some posts about dsMD5 and dsSHA previously in this topic have been moved to viewtopic.php?t=24990.