Hornil StylePix - Image/Photo Editor

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
Message
Author
SlowLearner
Posts: 92
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:58 pm

Hornil StylePix - Image/Photo Editor

#1 Post by SlowLearner » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:20 am

Web:
http://hornil.com/en/

Features:
http://hornil.com/en/products/stylepix/Features.html
Hornil Stylepix is a free graphics editing program. It's light and powerful photo and image editor with professional tools for mid-range of users. Get it now! It's free!

Key features
Full features for raster graphics editor
Multi layer and grouping support
Various region selection tool
Various drawing tool
Practical image filters like level and curves
Correction-restore and enhancement tools
Batch processing
Intuitive user interface and convenient working environment
Supports 53 languages.
Portable Support
Hornil StylePix is a lightweight. A portable version of Hornil StylePix runs from a removable storage device(media) such as a USB flash drive, flash card, or floppy disk. To install Hornil StylePix Portable, just download the portable package and then extract it. To start up Hornil StylePix Portable, just double-click StylePix.exe file on your portable dirve.
Download:
http://hornil.com/en/downloads/

-.-
Posts: 325
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:32 pm

Re: Hornil StylePix - New Free Image and Photo Editor

#2 Post by -.- » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:19 pm

i think i like this more than gimp :D lol

User avatar
I am Baas
Posts: 4148
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:51 am

Re: Hornil StylePix - New Free Image and Photo Editor

#3 Post by I am Baas » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:38 pm

Saves StylePixConfig.asl to a \Hornil\StylePix folder in %APPDATA%

and to the registry @

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Hornil\StylePix\RecentFileList
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Hornil\StylePix
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.tsp
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\StylePix.Document
Bəəs 2.0

infimum
Posts: 230
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:00 am

Re: Hornil StylePix - New Free Image and Photo Editor

#4 Post by infimum » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:19 pm

Yup, too many left-overs for me.

-.-
Posts: 325
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:32 pm

Re: Hornil StylePix - New Free Image and Photo Editor

#5 Post by -.- » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:34 pm

jauntepe takes care of the extra problems, if it makes you feel better :D

outskirter
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:56 pm

Re: Hornil StylePix - New Free Image and Photo Editor

#6 Post by outskirter » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:34 am

I've been using StylePix version 1.8.3 for quite some time, in fact since before I discovered the Portable Freeware Collection. I initially installed StylePix the conventional way, then copied the StylePix application folder to another location on my HD and uninstalled the app. It's now running from a subfolder of My Documents (in Win7), and leaves the same traces behind as its so-called "portable" version - no more, no less - so if it's going to be used on my HD, there's little point in downloading the portable version. I'm not desperate enough to enlist the aid of a secondary utility to "virtualize" the settings. ;)

Anyway, I tried the latest version (1.9.0), but various changes to the user interface annoyed me, as I had everything set up the way I liked, so I reverted to 1.8.3. StylePix is great for pixel editing, and I unassociated MS Paint (which I hate) in favor of StylePix. It handles transparency very well, so I often create icons with it. Unfortunately it can't be trusted with the photos I've taken, as it will delete their EXIF info when saving, so I use XnView for enhancing my photos.

User avatar
webfork
Posts: 9523
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:06 pm
Location: US, Texas
Contact:

Re: Hornil StylePix - New Free Image and Photo Editor

#7 Post by webfork » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:38 pm

I am Baas wrote:Saves StylePixConfig.asl to a \Hornil\StylePix folder in %APPDATA%

and to the registry @

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Hornil\StylePix\RecentFileList
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Hornil\StylePix
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.tsp
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\StylePix.Document
After reading, I moved this thread to the "Not Portable" thread, then re-read and wondered if this was actually program settings, or just the program being very unstealth. Could this still be considered a submission?

User avatar
I am Baas
Posts: 4148
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:51 am

Re: Hornil StylePix - New Free Image and Photo Editor

#8 Post by I am Baas » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:26 am

Not Portable

Application Setting in AppData
Bəəs 2.0

lautrepay
Posts: 711
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:31 am

Re: Hornil StylePix - New Free Image and Photo Editor

#9 Post by lautrepay » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:57 am

This is one the programs that are portables only when running from a removable drive. When you launch them from a fix HD they will store its settings outside the app folder.
Since they are portables/not portables at the same time (depending on the user), it seems to me that the better place is the Discussion subforum.

User avatar
Midas
Posts: 5526
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:09 am
Location: Sol3

Re: Hornil StylePix - New Free Image and Photo Editor

#10 Post by Midas » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:41 am

lautrepay wrote:Since they are portables/not portables at the same time (depending on the user), it seems to me that the better place is the Discussion subforum.
I agree. Maybe then one of the members can discover whatever is checked to flag portability...

User avatar
webfork
Posts: 9523
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:06 pm
Location: US, Texas
Contact:

Re: Hornil StylePix - New Free Image and Photo Editor

#11 Post by webfork » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:19 am

-.- wrote:i think i like this more than gimp :D lol
Yeah I just tested this out today and it's very, very good. GIMP still has some aspects I don't think it can replace, but I'm definitely adding this to my collection.
-.- wrote:jauntepe takes care of the extra problems, if it makes you feel better :D
Can you post the JauntePE tools to portabilize this?

User avatar
webfork
Posts: 9523
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:06 pm
Location: US, Texas
Contact:

Re: Hornil StylePix - New Free Image and Photo Editor

#12 Post by webfork » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:16 pm

StylePix 1.14.2.1 is out and advertising a portable version:

http://hornil.com/en/downloads/stylepix/
http://www.softpedia.com/get/PORTABLE-S ... able.shtml

Verdict: not portable: still writes settings to USER\Application Data\Hornil\StylePix

Sent something via their web form post.

User avatar
loin2kolpotoru
Posts: 254
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:20 am

Re: Hornil StylePix - New Free Image and Photo Editor

#13 Post by loin2kolpotoru » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:51 am

webfork wrote: Sent something via their web form post.
Did you request for making portable version save settings in application folder? If yes what was their answer?

Today i downloded HornilStylePix & I am quiet impressed in initial tests.

Here is a Launcher for those who may need it.
Attachments
HornilStylePix_Launcher.zip
(60.98 KiB) Downloaded 266 times

User avatar
Midas
Posts: 5526
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:09 am
Location: Sol3

Re: Hornil StylePix x64 Portable (yaP)

#14 Post by Midas » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:26 am

loin2kolpotoru wrote:Today I downloded HornilStylePix & I am quiet impressed in initial tests. Here is a Launcher for those who may need it.
  • Thanks for that, loin2kolpotoru. I took the liberty of taking your yaP launcher and making it 64 bit compatible, I hope you don't mind... :)

    See http://pastebin.com/Sn0bNdwH -- as mentioned in the comments included, you'll have to download Hornil StylePix Free installer package, (Uni)extract it and rename the x64 executable, before placing it alongside its 32 bit sibling in the 'App' folder. Don't forget to uncomment the applicationX64 line, too.

    I haven't tested it, but I assumed it was the portable version from Hornil's that wasn't completely stealth... :?:

User avatar
loin2kolpotoru
Posts: 254
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:20 am

Re: Hornil StylePix x64 Portable (yaP)

#15 Post by loin2kolpotoru » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:59 am

Midas wrote:
loin2kolpotoru wrote:Today I downloded HornilStylePix & I am quiet impressed in initial tests. Here is a Launcher for those who may need it.
  • Thanks for that, loin2kolpotoru. I took the liberty of taking your yaP launcher and making it 64 bit compatible, I hope you don't mind... :)

    See http://pastebin.com/Sn0bNdwH -- as mentioned in the comments included, you'll have to download Hornil StylePix Free installer package, (Uni)extract it and rename the x64 executable, before placing it alongside its 32 bit sibling in the 'App' folder. Don't forget to uncomment the applicationX64 line, too.

    I haven't tested it, but I assumed it was the portable version from Hornil's that wasn't completely stealth... :?:
Thank you for your Contribution.

Post Reply