AllDup [& discontinued GetFoldersize]

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
Specular

Re: GetFoldersize & AllDup

#16 Post by Specular »

Sad to see the program site disappear actually, as I've just tried it from the archived download and it works, unlike TreeSize which for whatever reason fails to list the sizes of the directories on my system (or sort them by largest). Even tried running it as admin.

Nice to see multiple UI themes as well. There are around 6 variants in just the native Windows theme, plus an additional assortment of colored, gradient and dark-themed extras.

No idea why it doesn't have a higher PFDB rating.

webfork

#17 Post by webfork »

for whatever reason fails to list the sizes of the directories on my system (or sort them by largest). Even tried running it as admin.
What OS are you on?
Some background on that: Popularity score algorithm thread 1 and thread 2.

I'd probably suggest it's because we have a lot of programs in that same vein. For example, we also have a LOT of hashing tools on the site, bringing the overall rankings down because the votes are more spread out.

Specular

#18 Post by Specular »

webfork wrote:
for whatever reason fails to list the sizes of the directories on my system (or sort them by largest). Even tried running it as admin.
What OS are you on?
Windows 8.1 64-bit. Presumably it worked at one point since I'd left it in my portable apps directory for several years, but maybe that was due to forgetting to remove it :p
webfork wrote:
Some background on that: Popularity score algorithm thread 1 and thread 2.
Ah, so it's a combination of the last 30 days and overall score. Interesting.

Specular

#19 Post by Specular »

Perhaps out of spite for the last version of GetFolderSize we recommend it seems the current owner of the domain linked in the entry from the archive.org mirror issued a robots.txt exclusion to the exact download URL we link to, which archive.org respects and has hidden the mirror from public view.

I have a copy of that version though perhaps there's some other known mirror we can link from?

webfork

#20 Post by webfork »

Note about AllDup:

I like this program, but the image analysis tools' ability to discover similar images is ... not great:

Do not trust the duplication function of this program and either use the other available tools for discovering similar files (file names, size, etc.) or use another program.

Midas

Re: AllDup [& discontinued GetFoldersize]

#21 Post by Midas »

Topic update: AllDup v4.4.32 released (changelog at http://www.alldup.de/alldup_help/alldup_version.php).

Specular wrote: I have a copy of that version though perhaps there's some other known mirror we can link from?

Really late reply but, if you still have last GetFoldersize version and still interested, I suggest you make free file hosting mirrors and post back here.

Specular

#22 Post by Specular »

Midas wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:35 amReally late reply but, if you still have last GetFoldersize version and still interested, I suggest you make free file hosting mirrors and post back here.
I'm not sure what is currently considered a reputable site for free hosting without registration so attached it here split into parts and each zipped, if you know of a good host to use (I could then remove the attachments). Just unpack all the attached zips with 7Zip into the same directory then right-click the '.001' file with 7Zip and view the archive for the combined original zip. There was nothing in the original zip ReadMe about license/distribution so hopefully it's alright.

It's version 3.1.24, directly from archive.org while the page was available.

Code: Select all

GetFoldersizePortable.zip
SHA-256: 9bd041835544a1788fee8aa863780570c585baea335c0b31418d299c0def19fc
Edit: removed attachments thanks to Midas' re-upload.
Last edited by Specular on Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Midas

#23 Post by Midas »

Thanks, specular. 8)

I took the liberty of renaming the inner archive to 'GetFoldersize_Portable_3.1.24.zip' and mirror it to:

Here's a screenie, too...

Andrew Lee

#24 Post by Andrew Lee »

Thanks Midas! And learned for the first time about what looks to be a useful resource -> "mirrored.to".

Midas

#25 Post by Midas »

Topic update: AllDup v4.5 released (changelog at https://alldup.de/alldup_help/alldup_version.php).