Stream Transport - Video Downloader

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
ahskrenaim

#1 Post by ahskrenaim »

Stream Transport is designed to download videos from Hulu and similar websites.

* Wide support for overwhelming online videos
The app is able to browse and download video clips from video hosting websites of HTTP, RTMP, RTMPT, RTMPE, RTMPTE protocol, and these cover overwhelming majority of websites such as Hulu, Veoh, Boxee, Joost, YouTube, Yahoo Video, CBS, etc.
* Capture URL automatically
The URL of any video clip that is playing will be auto-captured and listed out for your convenience, and you can download it with one click or just ignore it. There is no bother to add URL manually.
* Enrich your A/V collection
This FLV Downloader is capable of downloading almost any video and audio file you can play online so that you can turn numerous online video and audio into your own collection. The videos will be saved as FLV or MP4 format in your media library and a powerful player is inlaid for you to play them back freely.
* Considerate task manager and view log
The task manager lists detailed information of files such as name, size, progress, location etc and allows you to play, stop, delete and convert (full version) the FLV files downloaded. Auto shutdown is available as well. The view log makes it easier to manage your tasks.
* Convert downloaded videos freely
You are allowed to convert the downloaded videos to various video and audio formats compatible with portable devices like iPod, iPhone, 3G phone, etc and enjoy them whenever and wherever you like.

Link:
http://www.streamtransport.com/

Use UniExtract to extract the installer files into a directory.
(http://legroom.net/software/uniextract)
Stream Transport.exe will run directly from this directory without any installation.

I have not tested for sure to see if this program interacts with the registry at all but i have been running it from my flash drive just fine.

The only real problem I've had with this app is that as it is its own web browser, and is incapable of having multiple websites open at the same time, pop-ups (normally those on less legitimate websites) can prevent you from letting a video start playing long enough to capture the url and start the download.

However, once you start the download you can navigate away from this page and even start a few more downloads if you feel like it.

This is my first post here so maybe I made some dumb mistakes but i thought some ppl might like to know about this.

-krak

freakazoid

Re: Stream Transport - Video Downloader

#2 Post by freakazoid »

I recently found out about this app myself!

It's one of a few programs that can handle the secured RTMPE protocol.
I've used this in a sandbox, but not sure if it's natively portable (and stealth).
is it stealth? ;)

joby_toss

#3 Post by joby_toss »

freakazoid wrote:... but not sure if it's natively portable (and stealth).
Quick test: it appears to be; gotta dig deeper! :roll:

I am Baas

#4 Post by I am Baas »

I have tried this one a while ago and... I think it created a "StreamTransport" folder in "My Documents" folder. I am away from my pc right now so can't retest.

webfork

#5 Post by webfork »

Failed a test to download a clip from Hulu today. No luck from DamnVid (http://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=1990) either.

joby_toss

#6 Post by joby_toss »

Version 1.0.2.2041 saves settings in "C:\Users\user\Documents\StreamTransport\setting.ini" on my win7x64.
Don't know if there is a way to force portability...

Edit: these settings are not that important, so that folder can be deleted using a .bat file; or you can use an AutoIt launcher, or JauntePE, or yaP...

Midas

#7 Post by Midas »

Old topic update: according to Softpedia StreamTransport last release was v1.1.6.1. Webpage is missing.

edwinhane

#8 Post by edwinhane »

Stream Transport is designed to download videos from Hulu and similar websites.

* Wide support for overwhelming online videos
The app is able to browse and download video clips from video hosting websites of HTTP, RTMP, RTMPT, RTMPE, RTMPTE protocol, and these cover overwhelming majority of websites such as Hulu, Veoh, Boxee, Joost, YouTube, Yahoo Video, CBS, etc.
* Capture URL automatically
The URL of any video clip that is playing will be auto-captured and listed out for your convenience, and you can download it with one click or just ignore it. There is no bother to add URL manually.
* Enrich your A/V collection
This FLV Downloader is capable of downloading almost any video and audio file you can play online so that you can turn numerous online video and audio into your own collection. The videos will be saved as FLV or MP4 format in your media library and a powerful player is inlaid for you to play them back freely.
* Considerate task manager and view log
The task manager lists detailed information of files such as name, size, progress, location etc and allows you to play, stop, delete and convert (full version) the FLV files downloaded. Auto shutdown is available as well. The view log makes it easier to manage your tasks.
* Convert downloaded videos freely
You are allowed to convert the downloaded videos to various video and audio formats compatible with portable devices like iPod, iPhone, 3G phone, etc and enjoy them whenever and wherever you like.

Link:
http://www.streamtransport.com/

Use UniExtract to extract the installer files into a directory.
(http://legroom.net/software/uniextract)
Stream Transport.exe will run directly from this directory without any installation.

I have not tested for sure to see if this program interacts with the registry at all but i have been running it from my flash drive just fine.

The only real problem I've had with this app is that as it is its own web browser, and is incapable of having multiple websites open at the same time, pop-ups (normally those on less legitimate websites) can prevent you from letting a video start playing long enough to capture the url and start the download.

However, once you start the download you can navigate away from this page and even start a few more downloads if you feel like it.

This is my first post here so maybe I made some dumb mistakes but i thought some ppl might like to know about this.

Midas

#9 Post by Midas »

Welcome to the forums, edwinhane.

Without wanting to diminish your contribution, there was this previous topic dedicated to Stream Transport, so I moved your post...