Listary

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
joby_toss

Re: Listary

#16 Post by joby_toss »

guinness wrote:OK, I used Universal Extractor to extract the installer, I presume the Hook and Listary files label with 1 are 32bit and 2 is 64bit. Could someone confirm if this is correct.
It's the other way around.

guinness

#17 Post by guinness »

Cool! I should download Universal Viewer with that FileInfo plugin! Thanks for checking JT!

Listary

#18 Post by Listary »

Tertius wrote:Running XP SP3 and getting an error message.

Listary.exe - Entry Point Not Found
The procedure entry point SHGetKnownFolderPath could not be located in the dynamic link library SHELL32.dll.

I do not have a modified SHELL32.dll, so I am confused what could be wrong. Does Listary replace the standard shell32 dll with a modified one?
Sorry for the inconvenience. I added a new feature yesterday which used SHGetKnownFolderPath and didn't notice this API was available only on Vista or newer versions. :oops:

The bug has been fixed now, please download the latest version here: http://www.listary.com/download/Listary.exe

Listary

#19 Post by Listary »

freakazoid wrote:Hmm... this program doesn't do anything for me.

I'm trying to activate the window by opening Windows Explorer to a folder with lots of files.
I'm on Windows XP SP3 with the same config as joby_toss.

No error messages though.

Am I doing something wrong?
Set focus to the file list first. When you try to select a file by typing the filename, Listary will show up to help.

Listary

#20 Post by Listary »

The official portable version can be downloaded here: http://www.listary.com/download/portable.zip (including 32-bit and 64-bit versions)

Please don't hesitate to post here if you have any questions or suggestions, you can also send me emails: support(at)Listary.com

Tertius

#21 Post by Tertius »

Very fast! Thanks for the update. It now works for me on XP. This is a great idea. I have always found it difficult to use explorer.exe in part because of the lack of just such a feature. I have a couple of suggestions: customizeable font and size (box obviously would have to be customizable) as well as hooking F3 so that it behaves like arrow down in the list box.

freakazoid

#22 Post by freakazoid »

Listary wrote:
freakazoid wrote:Hmm... this program doesn't do anything for me.

I'm trying to activate the window by opening Windows Explorer to a folder with lots of files.
I'm on Windows XP SP3 with the same config as joby_toss.

No error messages though.

Am I doing something wrong?
Set focus to the file list first. When you try to select a file by typing the filename, Listary will show up to help.
Still getting nothing. Windows Explorer set on list, selecting a file and then typing doesn't bring up Listary!

I must be daft or something!
is it stealth? ;)

guinness

#23 Post by guinness »

Thanks for the Portable Versions!

Code: Select all

Still getting nothing. Windows Explorer set on list, selecting a file and then typing doesn't bring up Listary!

I must be daft or something!
It seems stupid I am asking, but when you start Listary do you have a Windows Explorer window open? Because I found that if I have C:\Windows open and start Listary, it doesn't work. I have to close and reopen the window again for it to work.

guinness

#24 Post by guinness »

freakazoid

#25 Post by freakazoid »

guinness wrote: It seems stupid I am asking, but when you start Listary do you have a Windows Explorer window open? Because I found that if I have C:\Windows open and start Listary, it doesn't work. I have to close and reopen the window again for it to work.
Just tried this... closed all Explorer windows, opened the "Run" dialog box and manually executed Listary.
Opened a new Windows Explorer window, selected a file, typed a letter, still nothing!

I swear it's something simple I'm overlooking...
is it stealth? ;)

webfork

#26 Post by webfork »

> Just tried this... closed all Explorer windows, opened the "Run" dialog box and manually executed Listary.
Opened a new Windows Explorer window, selected a file, typed a letter, still nothing!

Yeah not just you.

Onesimus Prime

#27 Post by Onesimus Prime »

I may have a partial answer...

When I first tried Listary, I did have Explorer windows open. I also thought of closing them all and opening them again. Still nothing. But Listary worked on the desktop! So I ended every explorer.exe process--basically crashed the shell intentionally. (You can use ProcessKO or Nirsoft's Explorestart or plain old Task Manager for this.) It then worked. :lol: But I don't want to have to do that every time! And it didn't seem that others were having to either.

But a few days ago, I figured out that if I don't have any Explorer windows open when I first start Listary, then the whole shell-crashing thing seems to be unneeded and Listary works (except for one time that it crashed).

*immediate "edit"* - okay, I just tried this again and it didn't work this time. So I'm back in the dark!

I am Baas

#28 Post by I am Baas »

Just gave Listary a try... doesn't work on my machine either. I'm on xp sp2.

Listary

#29 Post by Listary »

Hello guys! A new minor version has just been released, and all the known bugs have been fixed now. Please try it again if it didn't work on your computer before.

Installer: http://www.listary.com/download/Listary.exe

Portable version: http://www.listary.com/download/portable.zip
Last edited by Listary on Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

Listary

#30 Post by Listary »

freakazoid wrote:
guinness wrote: It seems stupid I am asking, but when you start Listary do you have a Windows Explorer window open? Because I found that if I have C:\Windows open and start Listary, it doesn't work. I have to close and reopen the window again for it to work.
Just tried this... closed all Explorer windows, opened the "Run" dialog box and manually executed Listary.

I swear it's something simple I'm overlooking...
Please download the latest version and try again. If it still doesn't work, make sure your blacklist is empty (check it on Options/Blacklist).